Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doxavita

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
When I press and hold the play/pause button, my iPod will turn off, but pressing any button will instantly have it on again.

So, How much time has to pass so it completely shuts down, and does a complete boot when I try to turn it on again?

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Until you completely shut it down, or the battery dies and it is forced to shut down.

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
Until you completely shut it down, or the battery dies and it is forced to shut down.

I think this depends on the generation of the nano. This was true for the two previous nano's I had (the fifth and the third), but the sixth does have a point that it completely shuts down and will reboot when you turn it on. I think it is somewhere between a day or two, I've never really timed it. Just when I haven't used it in more than a day or two it reboots when I turn it on.

doxavita

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
Well, I have a 5th gen iPod (classic). I'm giving it a day to see if it will shut down...

Gaelic2

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2007
Mountains of N. California
My 2nd Gen iPod Touch was left on playing music with the screen turned off. It played for two days before I noticed. I was away at the time. It still had nearly half a battery left! I would say, in my case, it will play a very long time as long as you turn off the screen.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.