Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 9, 2002
Anywhere know a site where you can download cool plugins for Sherlock 3?

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 9, 2002
Like the way it lets you search ebay, and translate and access sites like that. I cant remember which site i had in mind, but i am looking for plugins for other cool sites.

daijones

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
Internationalist

Maybe some plug-ins that let non North American users access telephone directories, movie listings etc. Sherlock 3 is pointless for International English users.

D

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
Watson

I wouldn't mind having the Weather and TV searches that were in Watson. I used those a lot in the demo I had. Maybe I'll just go go back and buy Watson anyway. I like Sherlock, but it is slower in the searches for info than Watson was. I'm not complaining, just stating. I, too would like some more plug-ins.

Gus

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
As much as I like Sherlock half of it is totally useless if you don't live in the states, I would like to see some more international options.

bidge

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
New Zealand
I live in New Zealand so even though it is really cool to show off to PC users and make them go wow, it only does American stuff and if I want to go to a movie this is not at all helpful.

Things that I relevant to me:

Internet
Pictures
ebay
dictionary
translation
Applecare

irrelavant

Stocks
Movies
Yellow Pages
Flights

if apple fixed up two fifths of Sherlock so that it would work for me I would be a very happy man. Until then, I'll just use the paper.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
well it's possible that apple just wanted to make sure sherlock worked for its majority of users (usa) and now will be working on things for other folks... let's hope at least

does watson have options for international users?

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
i'll agree, we need to be able to use plugins... i like to search the web with google, which would probably be a plug-in... maybe there's a different way to add these tho...

:)
pnw

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.