Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jan 20, 2005, 11:21 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Time for a switcheroo: There's room for a Mac in any Window...

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Time for a switcheroo: There\'s room for a Mac in any Windows home.
Posted on MacBytes.com

Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jan 21, 2005, 12:29 AM   #2
winmacguy
macrumors 68020

Good article BUT he forgot to mention apps like Office for Mac and other apps that enable cross platform compatibility with PCs that could swing your average Joe Public user over.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 03:14 AM   #3
nagromme
macrumors G4

Quibbles and Bits

"all those programs you've invested in over the years for which there's no Macintosh alternative."

Really? ALL those? No Mac alternative? Hmmm.... I just don't think that describes your average home computer user. What apps are these, then?

"you can get a Windows version of iTunes, but the Mac version works much faster with your iPod"

I think the speed at which iTunes "works with" an iPod has to do with your connection, not your software platform. Firewire is faster than USB 2 (yes, really) and many PCs still lack Firewire.
nagromme is offline   0
Old Jan 21, 2005, 12:29 PM   #4
mrsebastian
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to mrsebastian
i agree nagromme, what apps are they talking about?! they are right about one thing though, even from a pro-mac article we still find things to email them and rant about
Old Jan 22, 2005, 06:17 AM   #5
wrldwzrd89
macrumors G4

Examples

Would you like an example of a Windows program I use every day which lacks a Mac equivalent?

Winamp (especially if you include all the plugins available for it)

That program gets more use than everything else bar Windows Explorer COMBINED on my Windows box.

Duplicating its functionality on Mac OS X requires at least 3 different programs, and even that doesn't cover everything I use Winamp for.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion