Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpiszcz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a case that does not peel off the screen protector off the front?

jpiszcz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
Currently own the Belkin clear case (don't use it anymore, turned yellow) now using the Pixel Skin HD and over time all around the edges/etc it has lifted up the screen protector.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Any two piece case won't peel the protector since it actually presses down on the front/back of the phone. One that comes to mind is the Speck Fitted. Obviously you need not get the case is such a hideous color but you get my point.

Another, like the Contour Showcase, is a clam shell case which, like the two piece, presses down on the front/back of the phones. I use this case currently and have zero peeling of either front or back protectors.

Grimes

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
In my experiences, the quality of the screen protector is also a variable here. Some will peel off much easier than others...

Which brand of screen protectors are you using?

decx

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2010
If you prefer slim cases, the Incase Snap case also doesn't affect screen protectors.

jpiszcz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
In my experiences, the quality of the screen protector is also a variable here. Some will peel off much easier than others...

Which brand of screen protectors are you using?

Using the SGP Crystal Film protector (bought it before the power support came out)

Here are some pics:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Grimes

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
Personally, I haven't used the SGP screen protectors. That said, I've read some threads here suggesting that they have had the same peeling problem with the SGP screen protectors... again, I haven't used them, so I can't confirm if that is true or not.

I'm currently using Ghost Armor and it is working very well on my SGP Neo Hybrid.

My suggestion is to contact SGP and explain the situation... Maybe they'll send you some new ones. Or, try another protector.

ItsJustafnPhone

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
way too many factors to say it's just the case

how clean the screen was when applied, and how centered it is is probably just a big a factor as the case

scutts

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2010
a minimal back snap case would probably not peel anything off. but you'd have no front glass protection except your screen protector.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.