Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Dec 11, 2010, 08:56 PM   #1
andymac88
macrumors newbie

I am looking for a travel or Incase bag for ipad and dslr

I have an ipad and a canon rebel, i am looking for a backpack or sling pack that will hold my ipad and dslr. i see a lot of bags that look very bulky that carry dslr and a laptop. I was looking at the Incase Sling Pack and was wondering if anyone had this bag or another Incase bag that would hold ipad and dslr?
andymac88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2010, 10:55 PM   #2
PanAm-L1011
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymac88 View Post
I have an ipad and a canon rebel, i am looking for a backpack or sling pack that will hold my ipad and dslr. i see a lot of bags that look very bulky that carry dslr and a laptop. I was looking at the Incase Sling Pack and was wondering if anyone had this bag or another Incase bag that would hold ipad and dslr?
Go to Best Buy - they have tons of net book bags that might work.
PanAm-L1011 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2010, 07:57 PM   #3
adthenomad
macrumors newbie

Incase Ari Marcopoulos (ipad + DSLR camera bag)

i think you found your bag

http://www.stylishdslrcamerabags.com...bag-by-incase/

Last edited by adthenomad; Feb 16, 2011 at 10:16 AM. Reason: image of the ipad+dslr bag
adthenomad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2010, 06:38 PM   #4
b.c.
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I have the LowePro Classified Sling 180AW. it has a slim front pocket that fits my iPad in the Apple case very nicely.

you don't say what else you want to carry with your Rebel and iPad, so perhaps it might be a bit bigger than you want, but anyhow it fits my iPad, EOS 40D + 24-105L, plus a couple other lenses and misc accessories.

actually I prefer my older LowePro Slingshot 200 for general use but that won't fit my iPad. So these days when I travel I use the Sling 180.
b.c. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:12 AM   #5
jammybastard
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.c. View Post
I have the LowePro Classified Sling 180AW. it has a slim front pocket that fits my iPad in the Apple case very nicely.

+1 on this. I have a Sling as well, the 102 AW, and I can get my Canon T2i, 4 lenses and my IPad in the main compartment. Works great for daytrips or carry-on.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:34 AM   #6
b.c.
macrumors 6502

Quote:
p.s. you mentioned a sling bag, but if you don't mind a regular shoulder bag, another option instead of the Classified Sling 180 that I mentioned above is the LowePro Classified 160AW. take a look at this video

the front pocket of the 160 will fit a bare iPad (i.e. without case), a DSLR like your Rebel will fit no problem with some extra lenses. it was too small for my purposes, and the pocket for the iPad was too tight for iPad+case so I went with the 180.
b.c. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2010, 10:12 AM   #7
mute-posting
macrumors newbie

Would be great to see a pic of this

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post
+1 on this. I have a Sling as well, the 102 AW, and I can get my Canon T2i, 4 lenses and my IPad in the main compartment. Works great for daytrips or carry-on.
Just bought a 102AW (not arrived yet) and thinking of getting an iPad when I visit the states in spring.

Is the iPad a really tight fit in the main compartment?
mute-posting is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2010, 03:57 PM   #8
T-Stex
macrumors 6502

Tenba Mini Messenger Bag. http://www.google.com/products/catal...wBA#ps-sellers
T-Stex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2011, 09:42 PM   #9
beewee808
macrumors newbie

iPad and DSLR camera bag by Tamrac (Rally 5)

I needed something for my Canon DSLR and my iPad.

http://www.amazon.com/Tamrac-3445-Ra.../dp/B0045O0DHW

I wanted something for travelling that could comfortably carry my Canon DSLR (EOS 7D) with the kit zoom lens (28-135mm), plus a 2nd smaller Canon 50mm lens, plus my iPad. And I didn't want a backpack, or a large messenger/duffel bag. In other words, I wanted to find the smallest, lightest option which could give me quick access to my gear.

Since purchasing the bag, I've actually been able to travel with the above mentioned gear, PLUS another camera (Fuji x100) AND a 2nd iPad (my wife's), all in this one bag. The inner compartment dividers are flexible and customizable enough for me to squeeze in both cameras, the extra lens and additional bits of gear. The flap opens at the top for pretty easy access to everything.

The inner vertical iPad slot actually was able to hold TWO iPads (one with the Apple iPad original case, the other iPad2 with a Smart Cover attached). It is a snug fit for 2 iPads, but, hey it works!

The outer back pocket was great for quick access for a magazine, guidebooks or maps, and the zippered front pocket area was great for carrying extra batteries, memory cards, chargers/travel European power adapters. There are also two side outer mesh pockets which, for me, held bottled water and snacks.

The wide strap has a nice padded shoulder piece, and the attached handle grip was handy (no pun intended) to have. I like the dimensions of this bag, and that it's smaller than the typical messenger bag or backpack.
beewee808 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories