Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itouchuser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
the classic line feature an FM radio like the nano? or even HD radio? do you think future generations will to compete with zune?

TheyCallMeSaint

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2010
do you think future generations will to compete with zune?

Assuming there indeed are future generations :rolleyes:

But no, I don't the classic line will ever get an FM feature. The iPod touch still doesn't have one, nor does the iPhone (even though it already has the hardware chip built-in). Yeah, the Nano has one, but it's always been the oddball to the iPod lineup.

brucem91

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2009
Probably not. The whole point of the classic is that the user loves music, has a lot of it, and likes to control it. At that point, the user has enough music to negate the need for a radio tuner. I can understand it on the nano/touch (if the touch ever got it) due to those devices having smaller space, because the radio could add more variety.

Blue Fox

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2009
I think Apple's outlook is "why would you want to listen to radio when you have your whole music collection with you". I know I wouldn't, but I think that's the point. Not to mention, no one really walks around with a classic anymore. I only have one to serve as storage for all my music and videos that's linked to my SatNav system in my car.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.