Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sythen

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2010
I just purchased a padded sleeve, it's easy to slide the laptop in, and you can put it in any bag after that. I'm thinking of buying a laptop bag, one made to protect my Macbook Pro.

carlyinoz

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2010
I started with a Foof sleeve but it was slipping sideways out of it so ended up sending it back (they were really good to deal with, I must say).

I'm now using a Kailo Chic tote...

Nuo-Tech-Kailo-Chic-Casual-Tote-in-Black-%2F-White-%2F-Pink-Mod-Circle.jpg
Nuo-Tech-Kailo-Chic-Casual-Tote-in-Black-%2F-White-%2F-Pink-Mod-Circle.jpg

... which I LOVE. It's got s dedicated padded pocket for my MBP but also plenty of room for chargers, mice, pens, books etc etc etc and it's really stylish which was kinda important to me too ;) Best of all it just looks like a tote or oversize handbag and doesn't scream I HAVE A REALLY REALLY REALLY EXPENSIVE LAPTOP IN ME which is great on dodgy train lines late at night ;) It's well constructed and really comfortable to carry too which is a bonus because I find my 15" is fairly heavy.

I haven't got protection for home but at the moment I'm just comfortable with keeping it in a place where it won't get scratched. I might get another sleeve for flexibility but not unless I see something I really like.

Mrs HBF

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2010
Look at incase products. They have cases customized for each size of the MBP.

sbw80

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Incase

I bought the incase backpack. I like the fact that it is secured to two shoulders vs. a messenger bag. And the inside is very nice and protective. I have a Wenger messenger bag that I used for my ThinkPad. If I was going to get a messenger bag the Thule is nice at the Apple store. And of course the Cole Haan leather messenger job, but that will set you back a couple of Benjamins.

marshallbedsaul

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2007
Utah

Leddy

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2008
For physical protection I use an STM neoprene slip case which fits inside my satchel ... I've also purchased Undercover from Orbicule and installed it to guard against theft.

That Kailo Chic tote is very cool.

Best Wishes.

himesh

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2010
Birmingham, England
Zeroshock IV for me. Offers very good protection for my MacBook Pro. Got some cool memory foam stuff in it and a little pocket on the inside, big enough to hold a portable hard drive and a Moshi Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adaptor.

T34418leONE

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2010
I just got my Speck crystal hard case today and put it on my MBP and it looks and fits great.

I have a bag with a sleeve that fits snug since it's a 15" so I feel like it's protected fairly well!

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2008
I put a Best Skins Ever skin on my wife's 13" MBP and it looks great! I'd like to get another for mine, but want to find a coupon code first.

planetwave2000

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2010
Rye, NY
I am thinking about protecting my MBP 13in with invisible shield. Go to http://www.zagg.com. It will cost me $55 for the whole kit. Rather than shell case. In my opinion shell cases will look cheap after used for a while, how i know? cause have it on my MBP 15in. Plus, shell case gives an extra weight. I also have the incase neoprene sleeve to put in my backpack. I already have the STM messenger bag if I want to go lightweight.

The invisible shield is suppose to have an extra grip on your MBP since is made out of high quality plastic adhesive material.

marshallbedsaul

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2007
Utah
I am thinking about protecting my MBP 13in with invisible shield. Go to http://www.zagg.com. It will cost me $55 for the whole kit. Rather than shell case. In my opinion shell cases will look cheap after used for a while, how i know? cause have it on my MBP 15in. Plus, shell case gives an extra weight. I also have the incase neoprene sleeve to put in my backpack. I already have the STM messenger bag if I want to go lightweight.

The invisible shield is suppose to have an extra grip on your MBP since is made out of high quality plastic adhesive material.

looks super thin man I wouldnt do it I like my speck hard case because i know if something kinda heavy falls onto it like a shoe or book the computer will be safe.

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
Seattle
It is thin. I have it on my iPhone but that's different. If you have it on your MBP and drop it, it may not be as safe due to the heaviness of it.
looks super thin man I wouldnt do it I like my speck hard case because i know if something kinda heavy falls onto it like a shoe or book the computer will be safe.

thinkinblue613

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2010
Planet Earth
I got this bad boy, and then i just throw it in my backpack's laptop slot.

Link
H0374

+1

I have one of these and these do it fine. I used to have a plastic case around it but it started cracking and made my MBP look cheap. Then again, I put stickers all over mine so that makes my a hypocrite.

Anyways, the sleeve is best if wanna carry it with you by your arm or in your backpack. It does its job and its made from really good materials. Solid buy for sure, had mine for almost 5 years and its still going strong.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I don't have any 'protection" on my computer beside the Moshi keyboard cover to "protect" stuff from falling in between the keys.

AdamRock

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
Toronto
i use the 17" speck case when ever i leave my house with my laptop (which is rarely) but most of the time its naked...:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.