Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Dec 12, 2010, 04:19 AM   #1
markohk
macrumors newbie

Complete Noob at Photoshop - Need help!

Hi everyone, I am a really poor photoshop user, and prior to posting this, I have done alot of reading and read alot of tutorials, but alas, my skills are too poor to fulfill what i need to do.

I just need help to cut a wedding picture of mine into a heart shape to fit another photo which is a shape of a heart.

Can anyone kindly give me concise details on how to do it or better still can anyone give me a great wedding present by helping me out with it?
markohk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2010, 05:41 AM   #2
simsaladimbamba

What about downloading a heart shape image (found via Image Search, large or bigger) and use that as mask via the WAND tool?

Sample: http://www.mediafire.com/?ibqtaapgzam3z53
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2010, 06:51 AM   #3
rekhyt
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsaladimbamba View Post
What about downloading a heart shape image (found via Image Search, large or bigger) and use that as mask via the WAND tool?

Sample: http://www.mediafire.com/?ibqtaapgzam3z53
Genius. .

iPhone 5S (32GB, Black) // iPad 3rd gen (64GB, Black) // MacBook Air 11" ('11) // Magic Mouse, Apple Trackpad

rekhyt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2010, 06:58 AM   #4
markohk
macrumors newbie

That seams like a great idea! But how can I use the mask and wand tool? Can anyone please teach me?
markohk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2010, 07:02 AM   #5
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by markohk View Post
That seams like a great idea! But how can I use the mask and wand tool? Can anyone please teach me?
Either use the toolbar or the shortcuts to activate the MASK or WAND tool.
"M" for rectangular or circular masks, "L" for the Lasso tool and "W" for the Wand.

Or do you mean something else entirely? Have you checked the PSD I attached? Have you checked the plethora of tutorials out there on how to use PS? Have you checked the HELP of PS?

Example: http://psd.tutsplus.com/

BTW, "seam" is not the same as "seem".

Last edited by Doctor Q; Jun 6, 2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: edited quote
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics