Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

s1akr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
California
Hi everyone,

Just got my mba 13" and loving it so far. I'm wondering if there is a way to automatically set my mac to not sleep during download.

Thanks in advanced.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
What app are you using for downloading? At least Transmission has option to disable sleep during active downloads. If you're using something else, you could use InsomniaX

s1akr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
California
say, u wouldn't know of any apps that'll allow my mac to stay awake during download and resumes my original sleep timer after download's over do you?

It would be nice to have my mba plugged in for power in the closed position, have screen sleep on but still allows download, then goes to sleep after download is over.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
say, u wouldn't know of any apps that'll allow my mac to stay awake during download and resumes my original sleep timer after download's over do you?

It would be nice to have my mba plugged in for power in the closed position, have screen sleep on but still allows download, then goes to sleep after download is over.

Transmission lets you do that but I think it's only for torrents. When all active downloads are finished, it should resume the sleep timer. You would have to keep the lid open though

s1akr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
California
Bummer! Maybe someone should develop one. One that run on the background where it detects wifi activity and stops the system from sleeping. Doesn't sound too hard. Then again I'm no programmer.

Thanks for the help and the info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.