Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 12, 2010, 08:34 AM   #1
nimbuskid
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Question Winterboard Themes Not working??

Just recently jailbroke my 3g running 4.2, and I have Winterboard installed now.

Everything I try to install, themes, lockscreens, anything on Winterboard is not working. Tried restarting phone.

Any help would be great, thanks.
nimbuskid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2010, 09:40 AM   #2
celticpride678
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Are you sure they are compatible with iOS 4.2?
celticpride678 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2010, 09:46 AM   #3
heisenberg123
macrumors 603
 
heisenberg123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbuskid View Post
Just recently jailbroke my 3g running 4.2, and I have Winterboard installed now.

Everything I try to install, themes, lockscreens, anything on Winterboard is not working. Tried restarting phone.

Any help would be great, thanks.
i assume the themes are not made for 4.2
heisenberg123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2010, 05:25 PM   #4
nimbuskid
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
How do I know which ones are and which ones arent?

I tried one lockscreen and the slider worked, but the wallpaper is still my default.

Thanks
nimbuskid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2010, 08:40 PM   #5
Antiflagtuzo
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
maybe turn on summerboard? that worked for mine.
Antiflagtuzo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2010, 09:47 PM   #6
No ice please
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Are you sure your not using an iPhone 4 theme? Or are you sure your not using a theme for a 3G(s)?
__________________
Stuff I bought goes here.
No ice please is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2010, 07:42 AM   #7
nimbuskid
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
How do I know which themes/lockscreens are for iphone4, 3gs, or just 3g??
nimbuskid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2010, 09:21 AM   #8
heisenberg123
macrumors 603
 
heisenberg123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbuskid View Post
How do I know which themes/lockscreens are for iphone4, 3gs, or just 3g??

if its not in the description of the theme then its trial and error
heisenberg123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2010, 03:24 PM   #9
Skipp2k
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
In 4.2 Apple has changed alot more file names with the -iphone on the end like they did with the sms bubbles in 4.1.

Not only that but it seems like you can't put your wallpapers in the var/mobile/library/springboard folder, it deletes them all the time, well it did with mine, I had to edit the wallpaper.html file in my theme folder to change the path to my theme folder, if that makes sense.

Looks like apple is not only after the jailbreaking/unlocking but also themeing too. Just wait till the themes are updated or rename them yourself.
Skipp2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2010, 05:27 PM   #10
nimbuskid
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipp2k View Post
In 4.2 Apple has changed alot more file names with the -iphone on the end like they did with the sms bubbles in 4.1.

Not only that but it seems like you can't put your wallpapers in the var/mobile/library/springboard folder, it deletes them all the time, well it did with mine, I had to edit the wallpaper.html file in my theme folder to change the path to my theme folder, if that makes sense.

Looks like apple is not only after the jailbreaking/unlocking but also themeing too. Just wait till the themes are updated or rename them yourself.

Is there a how to on renaming them? I have not done this at all before, just Jailbroke and installed Cydia.

Thanks
nimbuskid is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad: Does any winterboard themes work? A7 Hgjybrandon123 Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 4 Jan 4, 2014 08:25 PM
iPhone: Check out my Winterboard themes bajajrocks Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 5 Aug 19, 2012 07:02 PM
What winterboard themes are you using? Dima470 Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 5 Jul 31, 2012 09:40 PM
iPad: ipad themes-winterboard hypertc13 Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 8 Jun 10, 2012 07:13 PM
ipad themes-winterboard hypertc13 iPad 0 Jun 10, 2012 10:50 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC