Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Dec 12, 2010, 08:00 PM   #1
AF14
macrumors newbie

Question about a Fake Apple Product...

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and I have a question that I'm hoping more experienced Apple Users can answer.

I love my music, and I have a vast amount of it on an external hard dive. I'm interested in being able to access most, if not all of it while at home. I'd prefer not to run my apple laptop and external drive which would be hooked up to an older stero system with a solid line in cable. Instead, I now fill to capacity my 20 gig iPod, severely limiting what I can listen to. I've considered buying the 160 gig iPod, but I hear it's either going away soon, or updated in 2011..?

So Here's my question, and maybe i'm totally missing the boat on Apple products here: But does anyone think Apple would ever make an iPod product specifically designed for home usage and not mobile/portable usage? Something that holds vast quantities of music, hooks directly into your sound system, has the clasic iPod wheel, no camera, games, or other frills needed, and maybe bonus control abilities remotely perhaps in an iphone app, remote, etc... My bad if they do make this product already, I'm just trying to figure out how to maximize my music collection in the best possible way.

Thank you :-)
AF14 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2010, 08:04 PM   #2
alust2013
macrumors 68040

Apple won't make a product like that, as there isn't a huge market for it, especially with apple's notoriously high prices. I think the iPod classic is your best bet, and you could even get a used one for pretty cheap if it's just going to be for stereo use.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 08:05 PM   #3
Intell
macrumors P6

The closest thing that fits the description is the Apple TV G1.
Last edited by Intell; Yesterday at 3:16 AM.
Intell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2010, 08:07 PM   #4
eawmp1
macrumors 601

They already do: http://www.apple.com/ipodclassic/

Or you can stream your music (as well as movies, TV shows, photos, etc.) to a receiver connected to a TV with an Apple TV. The included remote is mimimalistic.
eawmp1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2010, 08:12 PM   #5
AF14
macrumors newbie

Thank you for your replies

Thank you for replying to my post :-)
AF14 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:27 PM   #6
natebookpro
macrumors 6502a

I have a 32gb ipod touch and an airport express plugged into my home stereo. This way I can play my music from my ipod and anyone else who is there can also. No wires involved and the airport express has an optical out to plug into your stereo.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod