Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Upon reading the list of Stores that offer Military Discount to members of the Armed Forces here in the UK, I spotted Apple's name on the list, with the words (Online Purchases Only) next to it, Ive looked on the Apple site, and cannot find any mention of this discount.

Can anyone confirm this? If so how can I get the discount when Im placing an order?

gorjan

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2009
CPH
Upon reading the list of Stores that offer Military Discount to members of the Armed Forces here in the UK, I spotted Apple's name on the list, with the words (Online Purchases Only) next to it, Ive looked on the Apple site, and cannot find any mention of this discount.

Can anyone confirm this? If so how can I get the discount when Im placing an order?

Why don't you just call the Apple Store Online and ask?

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Normally with Apple there's a gateway site you visit which redirects you to the relevant discount page. Check out your service's own intranet and do a search for discounts. It should include the right link.

nialh

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2010
Southampton, Uk
Pick up a copy of the Forces Discount Directory from your Admin/Gen office it will tell you everything you need to know about getting discounted Apple gear.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
I purchased my Macbook Pro over the phone and got the Military discount. I think the student discount is more though.

Dont know if I could blag Student discount, I am doing a course at a Defence College though....

nialh

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2010
Southampton, Uk
To be honest having looked at the Forces Discount Directory the savings aren't big in any respect, and in some cases no discount. You need an account with Forces Discount Directory, which requires a service number and service record. This then gives you access to the Apple gateway. You could always ask the DA if they are recognised as an Educational Establishment with Apple, for a student discount.

As an example, prices with forces discount for a MBP:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14383826/Screen shot 2010-12-14 at 01.47.49.png

Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.