Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Dec 13, 2010, 04:01 PM   #1
jim2010
macrumors newbie

iphoto '08 dead for calendars

Inexpert opinion. I began work on three calendars using iphoto 09, which really seems to be an upgrade to '08. Apple seems to have designed these new numbers to confuse the masses with iphoto '11 having something to do with '09. Anyway, all of a sudden I lost the calendar icon and my calendar function was gone. I stumbled through so-called help routines. Found one or two others stumbling with me.

I tried to re-install '08 from my original disks, but message appeared saying I might not be able to retrieve items from my library. It would appear my conscientious efforts to remain current had created revisions in my library appropriate to iphoto '11. So I went out this morning and bought '11. New interface somewhat intuitive, and finished calendars.

Suggestion for those trying to create calendars for Christmas using old versions of iPhoto. Buy '11. Getting a bit tired myself of the way Apple randomly creates issues for users of its software with so little help available on their web site.
jim2010 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics