Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Similar to the purchase thread, post the last thing you got for free! It can be anything really. Please try to post a picture.

Replacement MacBook Pro with a new full year of Applecare :) My old Applecare expires this month so I got lucky.

MBPuni.png

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I would not call exercising you rights under a warranty as a "freebie".

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Typically you do. My MP was bought in 5/2008, replaced in 2/2009 and AC was to end 2/2010 but they wiped out the previous AC I had purchased and applied it to the new machine to give me coverage to 2/2012. So yeah, you get a new machine and new warranty. Great all the same, but certainly not a freebie. You should post all the cases you get for free to review then sell off. That's a bit more impressive. ;)

ZachsMacDaddy

macrumors 6502
Dec 24, 2007
Maryland
The damage was free, courtesy of ice on a hill. The new bumper is gonna cost me a little bit.

Attachments

• DSCF3231 copy.JPG
    DSCF3231 copy.JPG
    954.4 KB · Views: 746
  • Haha
Reactions: Meuti

SidewaysTakumi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2010
Texas
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Well my girlfriend has been in this freebies kick lately and has gotten us a LOT of really good stuff. Shes also been entering contests like crazy. But the biggest three things we've won are an iPad, a trip to Waco (hotel and tickets to attractions), and tickets to are Sheryl Crow and Colbie Caillat. Whoot!

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
1TB Western Digital Passport Essentials SE:

mr_wd1tb-12152010.jpg

I received it in the mail last week delivered via UPS. It came from Western Digital and it had my address on the package. It didn't have a name, just said "End User." I don't know why I got this drive. I called their customer care about returning it, but they insisted that if I didn't want it I would need to pay for return shipping.

I'm not paying for return shipping. Anyways just gave it to a friend who needed it.

Bradison

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2010
Apple replaced my severely cracked screen iPhone 4 today at no charge, so I would consider that a freebie.

How come? My iPhone 4 fell out of my pocket while I was sat in the garden chair and the case I got from Apple came of when it landed. The phone bounced and landed again - screen cracked.

Apple won't repair it as it was accidental damage.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Typically you do. My MP was bought in 5/2008, replaced in 2/2009 and AC was to end 2/2010 but they wiped out the previous AC I had purchased and applied it to the new machine to give me coverage to 2/2012. So yeah, you get a new machine and new warranty. Great all the same, but certainly not a freebie. You should post all the cases you get for free to review then sell off. That's a bit more impressive. ;)

I think you get another year's warranty, but not if you have AppleCare. If you bought Applecare on your 1st/original laptop, and it gets replaced after a year due to recurrent problems, then your new laptop simply has 2 years remaining.

That's what happened to me. My replacement computer had 2 years of warranty because that's how much was remaining from my original 3 year warranty (1 year standard + 2 years Applecare).

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
Well my girlfriend has been in this freebies kick lately and has gotten us a LOT of really good stuff. Shes also been entering contests like crazy. But the biggest three things we've won are an iPad, a trip to Waco (hotel and tickets to attractions), and tickets to are Sheryl Crow and Colbie Caillat. Whoot!

That's very cool, but usually I find with competitions from companies and suchlike I just get a ton of spam and advertisements etc., even if I opt out so I just don't bother. I suppose that's the reason why they have these competitions, so they can make money *that sounded stupid!*.

SDub90

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
Long Island
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

150ft of coaxial cable and a few splitters, delivered by cablevision.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.