Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Dec 16, 2010, 02:39 AM   #1
kinokeith
macrumors newbie

Collections in iBooks 1.2

You can now create folders (Collections) in iBooks 1.2. Unfortunately, it's only within the iBooks app, and not in the iTunes interface.

Press the Collections button to create new folders and then press the Edit button to select and move the books or PDFs into the collection. You can also create new Collections in the Edit mode after you've selected at least one book or PDF and then press the Move button.

Swiping the Collection of Books left or right moves through the Collections.

Last edited by kinokeith; Dec 16, 2010 at 02:51 AM.
kinokeith is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2010, 02:54 AM   #2
Mitchrapp
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinokeith View Post
You can now create folders (Collections) in iBooks 1.2. Unfortunately, it's only within the iBooks app, and not in the iTunes interface.

Press the Collections button to create new folders and then press the Edit button to select and move the books or PDFs into the collection. You can also create new Collections in the Edit mode after you've selected at least one book or PDF and then press the Move button.
Just note before you upgrade. Apparently afterwards your PDFs (all of them) end up with the same cover. So be warned. I only had a couple but others have over 100 and they're PO'd to say the least.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:06 AM   #3
ScaryMerry
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
Just note before you upgrade. Apparently afterwards your PDFs (all of them) end up with the same cover. So be warned. I only had a couple but others have over 100 and they're PO'd to say the least.
Really? I haven't had that problem. My 50 or so PDFs look just like they did prior to the update.
ScaryMerry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:13 AM   #4
Mitchrapp
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryMerry View Post
Really? I haven't had that problem. My 50 or so PDFs look just like they did prior to the update.
This was coming from the reviews in the app store. So take it for what it's worth.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:43 AM   #5
hsotnicam8002
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
This was coming from the reviews in the app store. So take it for what it's worth.
I think people possibly haven't given the pdfs time to refresh their covers. I have this short delay after adding batches of books or magazines. Also, sometimes there is a delay with books actually appearing in iBooks after adding or deleting several books. Whatever, I bet that most people will see their covers appear when a little time has passed ...ZZZZzzzzzzz.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 08:37 PM   #6
d123
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsotnicam8002 View Post
I think people possibly haven't given the pdfs time to refresh their covers. I have this short delay after adding batches of books or magazines. Also, sometimes there is a delay with books actually appearing in iBooks after adding or deleting several books. Whatever, I bet that most people will see their covers appear when a little time has passed ...ZZZZzzzzzzz.
Nope, all my PDF's have decided to take the cover of the last PDF file I transferred.

I have tried restarting the app, restarting the iPad, moving the files into different folders, all to no avail. I must have around 80 files all looking exactly the same now. Another weird thing is when opening any of the files, the original file will open but will momentarily flash up as the last PDF (the one the cover is showing for).

Definitely a bug.
d123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2010, 03:42 AM   #7
Shaun.sheff
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by d123 View Post
Nope, all my PDF's have decided to take the cover of the last PDF file I transferred.

I have tried restarting the app, restarting the iPad, moving the files into different folders, all to no avail. I must have around 80 files all looking exactly the same now. Another weird thing is when opening any of the files, the original file will open but will momentarily flash up as the last PDF (the one the cover is showing for).

Definitely a bug.
had the same problem. I tried all the above to solve it without success.
So it is a bug

however i did resolve it i deleted both pdf and epubs files from the ipad. most of my pdf files were showing the same cover but when i tried to read them they would work and show the real file. So i moved the original pdf file off the ipad and added all the files again without the oriiginal pdf. and everything worked.

to clarify move the original pdf file that is being repeated and then add the epub and pdf files again to the ipad. Mine were back to normal once i'd got rid of it so hopefully yours will too.

Last edited by Shaun.sheff; Dec 17, 2010 at 03:49 AM.
Shaun.sheff is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps