Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Dec 16, 2010, 07:27 PM   #1
scooterguitar
macrumors regular

itunes music...delete it and start over?

Ok, slowly doing the switch.
I loaded my pc's itunes music to my new external, around 30gbs. Went fine.
I then copied my other external's music (80gbs) to the new external. Won't play on the mac...Ahh, they are wma's!

So, I am now converting those on the pc's itunes to the acc type.

My question is for simplicity...and less duplicates

Do I simply delete my mac's current itunes music from the new external, then once everything is converted on the pc's itunes, simply recopy it to the external and then change it over to the mac's itunes? I have setup mac's itunes to automatically save to the new external.

I just don't want fragments or extra stuff to start boggin down my mac, since there there is over 100gbs.

Thanks for any suggestions
scooterguitar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2010, 08:15 PM   #2
scooterguitar
macrumors regular

Uh oh, if my math is correct, it going to take around 94 hours to convert all the files to ACC! Argh. Free trial of macdrive runs out tomorrow.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 08:05 AM   #3
forcefieldkid
macrumors 6502

You might have got this sorted already but there's also Switch for Mac which will let you put the wmas on your mac then convert them to MP3.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 09:57 AM   #4
scooterguitar
macrumors regular

Thanks. I'm still slowly converting them on the pc...taking forever running nonstop.
I'd much rather do it all on the pc than the mac, just want to keep things as clean as I can.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:09 AM   #5
Consultant
macrumors G5

You might also have to delete the WMA from the pc. Should only take seconds if you use a smart playlist.
Consultant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 12:01 PM   #6
scooterguitar
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consultant View Post
You might also have to delete the WMA from the pc. Should only take seconds if you use a smart playlist.
Not sure what you mean? I don't have playlists right now, just trying to dump everything and convert. Once files are converted I plan to create playlists and such.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help