Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ColoJohnBoy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 10, 2003
Denver, Colorado
But only a select few. They're fine in iTunes and on my computer's hard drive and such, but when I listen to them through the iPod, 5-10 seconds are chopped off the end. Any ideas?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Does the iPod mini support crossfades? Really? Since launch, or was that an upgrade? I wish my iPod 3G supported them....

But back to the OP, I have a couple of audio files that start in the middle, or do something else strange like that. A couple also that sometimes skip, but only when I start a playlist at them -- like I click play and it seems to be loading the song to play it, but it immediately advances to the next track on the list.

I think these are all the same thing, and I think they're some kind of bug in the software.

But neither effect for me is totally systematic. It is always the same songs that do this, but they do not do it every single time. Same for you or different?

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
Ipods too

The same thing happens on my iPod 3G 20 GB - but worse. I listen for about 3 hours until the battery dies (Battery life sucks - wondering if I should send it in to apple - Im under warrenty w/ the APP for iPod) the songs change when there is 14 seconds left...

Jo-Kun

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Antwerp-Belgium
If I remember it correctly its a setting on the iPod itself,

My 3G iPod did it before, but now it plays every song until the end (I remmber iTunes doing this allso as default and I hate it when these things are default, just let us choose for ourselves)

mrwonkers

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2004
Cyberia
Jo-Kun said:
If I remember it correctly its a setting on the iPod itself,

My 3G iPod did it before, but now it plays every song until the end (I remmber iTunes doing this allso as default and I hate it when these things are default, just let us choose for ourselves)

I am sorry Jo Kun but I have not been able to find any evidence of this "setting on the iPod" you speak of..... There is no setting on a 4th gen iPod or iPod mini that deals with crossfading......

The same thing is happening on my 4th gen 20 GB iPod U can find details of it in my post named "Questions for every iPod owner.....HELP" wish is presently posted in the hardware discussion and help forum here on Macrumors.

Having the last few seconds of your songs chopped is a real bitch.....A real problem that seems apparent on both mine and ColoJohnBoys pods....sigh....
ColoJohnBoy U can try resetting Ur iPod that works on my mini when this issue occurs........but unfortunately dis fix doesn't work on my iPod which I am now calling bithchPod.......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.