Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cdebnil

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Like the title says, was having a little Saturday morning fun with my Remington Airmaster, Iphone 4 with the Otterbox Defender case, and accidentally shot my Iphone 4. No damage to the phone whatsoever! Otterbox has a slight dent in the hard plastic, but none to the latex skin and visually looks as good as new.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4w5fE93uwk

Fastforward to 2:20 for the "incident". Also created this video to test my new Macbook Air and Imovie...Very impressed with the speed/capabilities of both.

cdebnil

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
dude, your iPhone 4 was directly behind the bottle so of course it was going to get hit! But anyway good job, Otterbox.

Haha i know....if i didn't have the Otterbox on, no way I would have risked that shot...Thought it would be cool to see it from the prospective of the bottle....100% sure the glass would have shattered. Looking at the video in slowmo, the iphone definetely didn't like being shot. There was a little distortion in the video the second it was hit. Took it pretty well though in my opinion.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
You know what they say about air rifles . . .

"you'll shoot your eye out." (Seasonal humor) :rolleyes:

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
Haha no offense but I'd never even try to put my iphone 2 inches behind the bottle im trying to shoot with a bb gun lol. But glad the defender is that strong, it really does stand up to how protective its all said out to be.

cdebnil

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
You mean you stupidly placed your iPhone 4 next to the target?

Obviously I knew that it was a possibility the phone would get hit. That being said, its just a phone...Getting a good video was more important to me than the phone. Plus its behind a tree limb with just the front half an inch of the phone exposed. Agree though probably not the best thing to do, but I've done much worse to the phone with this case on and it was fine (fell off a roof onto concrete during Habitat for Humanity) so I was pretty confident that no damage would happen to the phone. Assumption was correct, no damage at all to the phone after getting hit.:D Would I have done this with a real rifle/shotgun? No way....Bb gun, sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.