Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jan 24, 2005, 02:25 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

iTunes Pepsi contest slogan: "Your song is in the bottle"

Category: News and Press Releases
Link: iTunes Pepsi contest slogan: \"Your song is in the bottle\"
Posted on MacBytes.com

Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jan 24, 2005, 04:12 AM   #2
polyesterlester
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to polyesterlester Send a message via AIM to polyesterlester Send a message via MSN to polyesterlester
Some new tricks up its sleeve? More like a new slogan, Bill, if it can even be called a slogan.

polyesterlester is offline   0
Old Jan 24, 2005, 04:27 AM   #3
munkle
macrumors 68030

Hardly the catchiest of slogans...but to the point I guess. The Pepsi promotion should be a much bigger hit time time round, how many songs are they going to be giving away?
munkle is offline   0
Old Jan 24, 2005, 05:35 AM   #4
polyesterlester
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to polyesterlester Send a message via AIM to polyesterlester Send a message via MSN to polyesterlester
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkle
... how many songs are they going to be giving away?
200,000,000. And around 1700 silver iPod minis with the Pepsi logo on the back.

Old Jan 24, 2005, 05:39 AM   #5
asif786
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to asif786 Send a message via MSN to asif786
I think the 'new tricks' he may be referring to could be the fact that codes are given out on 'cards' now too..

this didn't happen in the past one right?

/asif
Old Jan 24, 2005, 05:45 AM   #6
Lacero
macrumors 601

Slogans better than "I Fought the Law"
Lacero is offline   0
Old Jan 24, 2005, 06:14 AM   #7
polyesterlester
macrumors 6502

Why is Pepsi giving away cards with free song codes on them already, when you can't even redeem them until the 31st? I can understand the pop bottles being let out early, but handing out cards? IT BOGGLES THE MIND. (Also, I would have liked it if Bill Palmer allowed us to enlarge that picture.)

Old Jan 24, 2005, 08:32 AM   #8
billpalmer
macrumors member

I would have...

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesterlester
Why is Pepsi giving away cards with free song codes on them already, when you can't even redeem them until the 31st? I can understand the pop bottles being let out early, but handing out cards? IT BOGGLES THE MIND. (Also, I would have liked it if Bill Palmer allowed us to enlarge that picture.)
The image sent in was a low-quality scan, with blurry text even at the size we posted it at. Any larger, and the text would have been even blurrier. That's why we posted the full text of the card in the story (as relayed to us by the reader who sent the low-quality scan in the first place). If you really squint, you can see that the quoted text matches up with the text on the card.

And yes, I was referring to the card and not the slogan when I said that there appeared to be some new tricks up their sleeve.

Also, don't be too quick to assume that a given story on MacMischief was penned by me. I'm not the only editor over there...
billpalmer is offline   0
Old Jan 24, 2005, 10:49 AM   #9
Wonder Boy
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to Wonder Boy
sucks.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 02:49 PM   #10
wdlove
macrumors 604

I'm not all that sure about this slogan, it can also have a negative connotation. The first thing that came to mind was alcohol. Then on second though there is the movie and song "Time in a Bottle."

Since contests are suppose to allow an entry without a purchase. Wonder if it's possible to E.Mail Apple or Pepsi to get one of those cards?
Old Jan 24, 2005, 05:17 PM   #11
runninmac
macrumors 65816

The slogans ok... i couldnt think of one better.... but i think that people that make a living in marketing could
runninmac is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion