Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D4ND4N

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2010
I have found an iPhone 4, Was locked and barred so sent it to Apple they didn't do nothing, and got the email saying its perfect so they sent it back, so i have no idea what to do with it?

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Look on craigslist for your area, see if anyone posted it as missing. Where did you find it? Public place? School/work?

slayer41

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2010
There is a way to bypass the lock screen and get to the adress book. Look it up. Then you can call someone in the adress book and return it.

D4ND4N

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2010
Apple returned it me with 4.2.1. on it, it's in warrentee, and im guessing the person had it blocked as it prob was insured, now how much is it worth im in the uk

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown
convert it to a White iPhone ASAP ... :cool:

just kidding, try to find the person who lost it ... if you do track down the owner, chances are you will feel better and possibly get a small reward.

Do unto others as you would want done to you.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
I have found an iPhone 4, Was locked and barred so sent it to Apple they didn't do nothing, and got the email saying its perfect so they sent it back, so i have no idea what to do with it?

Why would you send it to Apple? What did you expect them to do? And why would you assume it's insured? Most ppl do not insure their iPhones.

Contact the local carriers to see if they have the IMEI in their system. They will return it to it's proper owner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.