Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sminman86

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2010
I'm assuming that was the mother's iPhone.

I bet she just let her son Facetime with "Santa" until he fell asleep, then went back for her iPhone later that night.

I think it's a great commercial for the holidays. There will be a ton of Facetiming Christmas morning!!

Merry Christmas!

Alvi

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2008
Mars
Oh noes! Apple is destroying all the Magic to only leave theirs!

They just revealed that the actual santa claus is the dad in the garage... no more magic for the kids :(

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
Oh noes! Apple is destroying all the Magic to only leave theirs!

They just revealed that the actual santa claus is the dad in the garage... no more magic for the kids :(

You know it's true though. Now that I have a 3 year old, and he's getting the whole Santa thing, you really have to watch it. And sitcoms are full of this kind of stuff about tricking kids and dad playing Santa, etc. Do they think my kid goes to bed a 6? It's everywhere. And I suppose it was when I was a kid. But the truth is they see something like this and you just tell them Daddy was playing a joke, he's not really Santa! And they laugh, and say yeah, his Dad isn't Santa! What's the alternative? Not get presents?

SirOmega

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2006
Las Vegas
You know it's true though. Now that I have a 3 year old, and he's getting the whole Santa thing, you really have to watch it. And sitcoms are full of this kind of stuff about tricking kids and dad playing Santa, etc. Do they think my kid goes to bed a 6? It's everywhere. And I suppose it was when I was a kid. But the truth is they see something like this and you just tell them Daddy was playing a joke, he's not really Santa! And they laugh, and say yeah, his Dad isn't Santa! What's the alternative? Not get presents?

Its like the kids see all the Santas in the malls and such but you know thats not Santa, but they still believe.

freedevil

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2007
Stewie: OMG Brian isn't it awesome how santa picks our small little town every year to visit.

reckless2k2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
No facetime on AT&T

Is this an Apple or AT&T commercial? They show AT&T at the end and you can't facetime over the AT&T network.

bbotte

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2008
USA
Also you can't face time under the covers with no light for the camera. It will never look that good.

eyehop

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2005
Could you include the link to the original video next to the embedded video in the post, for those of us who don't have flash installed? Thanks

caliguy

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2005
Yeah it's fake. You can totally tell it's the dad and not the real Santa Claus. Look at the beard.

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future

Don't make this thread go into the PRSI!

nlivo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2007
Ballarat, Australia
what a stupid commercial. you're all only liking it either because it's apple and an iphone, because of that "sweet" music, or because of the "cute" kid.

if the dad's dressed up as santa, why the hell wouldn't he go and see the kid in real life, rather than just on a measly 3.5" screen. in that case you could just chuck the beard and the hat on and your set.

..and don't say because he's pretending to be in the north pole. no parent would realistically go to the trouble to setup a fake santa's workshop, dress up as santa, all just for a quick 5 min facetime with the son.

apple..you're getting further and further away from reality, and you're bringing all of your fanboy's with you.

pMad

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
what a stupid commercial. you're all only liking it either because it's apple and an iphone, because of that "sweet" music, or because of the "cute" kid.

if the dad's dressed up as santa, why the hell wouldn't he go and see the kid in real life, rather than just on a measly 3.5" screen. in that case you could just chuck the beard and the hat on and your set.

..and don't say because he's pretending to be in the north pole. no parent would realistically go to the trouble to setup a fake santa's workshop, dress up as santa, all just for a quick 5 min facetime with the son.

apple..you're getting further and further away from reality, and you're bringing all of your fanboy's with you.

I assume you do not have children.

Two points:

1. Parents will go through an awful lot of work to bring happiness to their child.
2. Part of the Magic of Santa is that you can't see him on Christmas. He's too busy. The phone keeps with that magic. Also, my kids would believe I'm Santa over video, but if I sat next to them dressed as Santa, they'd know it was me in a heartbeat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.