Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jan 24, 2005, 11:49 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Mac mini leads Windows switch - stock is short

Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Mac mini leads Windows switch - stock is short
Posted on MacBytes.com

Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jan 24, 2005, 11:57 AM   #2
24C
macrumors 6502a

Read this earlier in the day on their site, quite comical really. Apple announces product, has a launch date and stock in short supply. What is happening there? On a good note, the AppleStoreUK is in a different(better) league than it was last year when Panther launched...the tracking/reporting has been accurate and a damn sight faster than it ever was.

I have an idea about how we, Apple owning hordes, can all help improve Apple marketshare, do NOT buy the Mac mini, do NOT place an order...let your PC owning friends have them first
24C is offline   0
Old Jan 24, 2005, 12:27 PM   #3
Chip NoVaMac
macrumors G3

Yeah, right! It is so damn cute, even us Mac owners want one for the hell of it.

Will be interesting to see the stats of new users vs. current Mac owners.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 12:40 PM   #4
Dont Hurt Me
macrumors 603

Its a pretty cool little product that going to give a lot of folks a little desk space and peace of mind on the net along with a couple other things
Old Jan 24, 2005, 01:53 PM   #5
jettredmont
macrumors 68020

CompUSA

Stopped by CompUSA this weekend to pick up my copy of TaxCut. There were three (3) families vying for time to look at the Mac mini they had, and the salesman was doing all he could to upsell to the iMac (one 20-something girl and another young couple had apparently already been talked into the iMac as they were oogling that machine and talking amongst themselves waiting for the saleman to finish up their order). I was blown away, and a bit jealous (I don't get to CompUSA much, and wanted to have some mouse-time with the mini myself!)

The last three times I've been to this CompUSA (once in the middle of the week, twice on weekends), the Mac corner was practically dead. This is a very welcome change!

All in all, the interest this is raising is very very good!
jettredmont is offline   0
Old Jan 24, 2005, 05:12 PM   #6
Earendil
macrumors 68000

My favorite line was this-

"Analysts agree: "I believe the Mac mini is actually going to have more of an impact on Apple's market share position than their digital music efforts have so far," said IDC analyst Roger Kay told Reuters."

Assuming when he said "Market share" he was talking about computers, is it any surprise the Mini is having a larger effect on changing that than the music?

If he wasn't talking about the market share of computers, and say Electronic devices, then he is smoking something because more iPods have been sold in the last 2 years then Apple has sold computers in forever...

~Tyler

"ooo! They have the internet on computers now!" - Homer J. Simpson
Earendil is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion