Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uirer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2010
Rage HD is the best looking game on iPad i have ever played. The game is of the first-person shooting variety and I love it – it is a lot like Doom which I played before but with very rich graphics and a rapid pace which can take your breath away.

The main issue with Rage HD is a lack of replay value, basically clocking in at about 20 to 30 minutes to complete the 3 short levels. There is little incentive to replay all the episodes, perhaps only to show friends what level of graphics that the Apple platforms are able to pull off. That being said, it is fairly entertaining to play though once and moderately priced at $1.99. A word of warning, the game is about 750Mb in size and requires an astounding 1.2GB of space to play. Pick up Rage HD if you are interested in showing off the best of what the iPhone / iPad can provide graphically and if you really enjoy shooting games. Otherwise, wait some days for developer to get a more complete game.

drjsway

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2009
I disagree. Infinity Blade is much more impressive graphically and is a better game overall.

fortunecookie

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2010
Infinity blade is nice but with a heavy price unlike rage hd :). Both also look awesome on iphone4

drjsway

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2009
Infinity blade is nice but with a heavy price unlike rage hd :). Both also look awesome on iphone4

I think the price is worth it. There is little incentive to play Rage after completing the levels (except, I guess, to beat your own high score). Infinity Blade easily has 20 hours of gameplay leveling up to 45, and acquiring new countless weapons, armor, etc. I find the gameplay of the battle system has far depth than Rage, which is just aim and shoot.

The graphics of Infinity Blade is more advanced yet the game is smaller in size, which suggests that Rage could be optimized more.

All in all, Infinity Blade feels more like a full game while Rage feels like a teaser to the big budget PC version.

Sparky9292

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2004
Infinity Blade and Rage are both "rails" games. Nova 2 is probably shows the true power of your iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.