Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 12, 2011, 01:16 AM   #51
CaptMurdock
macrumors 6502a
 
CaptMurdock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Evildrome Boozerama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuarocks View Post
Did you hear about the possibility of surgical micro chips being implanted in the people? BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING.
Great! They'll need lots of people to implant the chips, monitor the comings and goings of 300 million Americans, and to build and maintain archival data storage for all this info! We'll have less than 2% unemployment before you know it!
__________________
13" MacBook, 2.4 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HD, OS 10.9.2 | iPhone 4, 32 GB, iOS 7.1
"I got no reason, it's all too much/You'll always find me out to lunch"
CaptMurdock is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 01:21 AM   #52
Joshuarocks
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Somewhere in Cyberspace
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMurdock View Post
Now, no one believes this to be true...mainly because it requires a level of competency the Republicans are simply incapable of.



And twice on Sunday.



If I don't meet you at the corner of Lexington and Concord by the end of the month, start the revolution without me.

Time to revolt? Time to take the bus, Mario.
EPILOGUE to this: The Republican Party and the Democratic Party are no longer legitimate parties serving the people and by the people.. they are parties where they are more concerned about those with concentrated wealth, power, and corporate big business. Unless we start to WAKE THE HELL UP and realize that our government and its cronies are set to cause our destruction, we need to take all of this very seriously.. Your familes, your children are already being brainwashed to believe that things are getting better, jobs are coming back, etc..

The sad reality is that none of this can be further from the truth.. IF things really are getting better as the corporate run media has you to believe, why is gas going up? Why is the cost of living skyrocketing? Why is the housing problem not resolved yet? And why is it that food prices are going up? The Mass corporate media may have you believe that all this is false.. but the sad truth: IT IS NOT A FANTASY.. it is happening, and its happening right now.. Expect gas to be near or at 5 a gallon or possibly more..

While the American people are asleep, the Republicans and Democrats and their tea party supporters are planning their next attack on civil liberties and your freedoms.

The US today is not the home of the brave or the land of the free.. today, it is a Corporate run fascist dictatorship with Banks, Federal Reserve, and their allies teamed up to cause problems for all of us. WAKE UP AMERICA!! Make 2012 your priority for saving this great nation of ours.. Ron Paul has been known by many as America's LAST true hope to regain her freedom from corporate tyranny and the banks.

The only things that are getting better is CORPORATE STRANGULATION of American society and we have allowed our government to support them in place of the People. Its time to take back the country from CORPORATE RULE.
Joshuarocks is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 01:36 AM   #53
CaptMurdock
macrumors 6502a
 
CaptMurdock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Evildrome Boozerama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuarocks View Post
WAKE UP AMERICA!! Make 2012 your priority for saving this great nation of ours.. Ron Paul has been known by many as America's LAST true hope to regain her freedom from corporate tyranny and the banks.
If a racist nutjob is America's "Last True Hope", I pray for the apocalypse. Mere survival cannot be worth that.
__________________
13" MacBook, 2.4 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HD, OS 10.9.2 | iPhone 4, 32 GB, iOS 7.1
"I got no reason, it's all too much/You'll always find me out to lunch"
CaptMurdock is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 01:40 AM   #54
Joshuarocks
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Somewhere in Cyberspace
Here is something I found..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMurdock View Post
Now, no one believes this to be true...mainly because it requires a level of competency the Republicans are simply incapable of.



And twice on Sunday.



If I don't meet you at the corner of Lexington and Concord by the end of the month, start the revolution without me.

Time to revolt? Time to take the bus, Mario.
http://www.corporations.org/solutions/ - How to overthrow corporate rule in the USA.
Joshuarocks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 01:41 AM   #55
Joshuarocks
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Somewhere in Cyberspace
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMurdock View Post
If a racist nutjob is America's "Last True Hope", I pray for the apocalypse. Mere survival cannot be worth that.
Ron Paul is racist? How so? This is news to me.. sounds like some tea party people are trying to defame Ron Paul.
Joshuarocks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 01:47 AM   #56
Rt&Dzine
macrumors 6502a
 
Rt&Dzine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 12 across
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuarocks View Post
Ron Paul is racist? How so? This is news to me.. sounds like some tea party people are trying to defame Ron Paul.
This predates the Tea Party. Additionally, the Tea Party puppeteers are the Kochs and they aren't against Ron Paul because he'll allow corporations to pollute or whatever to their heart's content with no oversight.
Rt&Dzine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 01:48 AM   #57
Joshuarocks
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Somewhere in Cyberspace
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMurdock View Post
If a racist nutjob is America's "Last True Hope", I pray for the apocalypse. Mere survival cannot be worth that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rt&Dzine View Post
This predates the Tea Party. Additionally, the Tea Party puppeteers are the Kochs and they aren't against Ron Paul because he'll allow corporations to pollute or whatever to their heart's content with no oversight.
Ok, then if Ron Paul isn't America's LAST hope.. who is? Certainly its not Obama.
Joshuarocks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 01:51 AM   #58
Rt&Dzine
macrumors 6502a
 
Rt&Dzine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 12 across
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuarocks View Post
Ok, then if Ron Paul isn't America's LAST hope.. who is? Certainly its not Obama.
Nobody who could actually get elected. If you like Ron Paul, vote for him.
Rt&Dzine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 01:53 AM   #59
Joshuarocks
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Somewhere in Cyberspace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rt&Dzine View Post
Nobody who could actually get elected. If you like Ron Paul, vote for him.
I like him because I'd like to see the end of the Federal Reserve and IRS as he is for the complete abolition of those.. Well, the FEDERAL RESERVE has been responsible for the mess we are in..

Personally, I'd have Bernacke shot..
Joshuarocks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 02:05 AM   #60
Rt&Dzine
macrumors 6502a
 
Rt&Dzine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 12 across
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuarocks View Post
Personally, I'd have Bernacke shot..
During Bernanke's first year as chairman under Bush, the power of the FR increased.
Rt&Dzine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 02:22 AM   #61
Joshuarocks
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Somewhere in Cyberspace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rt&Dzine View Post
Nobody who could actually get elected. If you like Ron Paul, vote for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rt&Dzine View Post
During Bernanke's first year as chairman under Bush, the power of the FR increased.
Which is why it must be destroyed or dismantled and only Ron Paul is calling for that.. he also wants to bring to an end the IRS.

All good things which can help the USA get on the right track for healing.
Joshuarocks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 02:26 AM   #62
mrkramer
macrumors 601
 
mrkramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuarocks View Post
Ok, then if Ron Paul isn't America's LAST hope.. who is? Certainly its not Obama.
Probably some third party candidate who won't get elected. Or even more likely, someone who is smart enough not to run for office.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuarocks View Post
I like him because I'd like to see the end of the Federal Reserve and IRS as he is for the complete abolition of those.. Well, the FEDERAL RESERVE has been responsible for the mess we are in..
So and once you get rid of the Federal Reserve, how do you intend to pay for anything, since you've gotten rid of most of your money supply?
__________________
"Jesus was the first socialist, the first to seek a better life for mankind." -Mikhail Gorbachev
mrkramer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 08:07 AM   #63
freeny
macrumors 68020
 
freeny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Location: Location:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkramer View Post
Probably some third party candidate who won't get elected. Or even more likely, someone who is smart enough not to run for office.




So and once you get rid of the Federal Reserve, how do you intend to pay for anything, since you've gotten rid of most of your money supply?
It will just take care of itself. Dude, Ron Paul said so.
freeny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:11 AM   #64
Huntn
Thread Starter
macrumors 604
 
Huntn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Misty Mountains
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgguy View Post
If the average citizen includes the 40-50% (I think this is the right figure) who currently pay no income taxes, I'm all for them paying more. Even the lowest income earners should kick in a little, for their self-respect if nothing else.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingYaba View Post
Find me a proposal that gives the wealthy money. I think you need to cut down on the rhetoric...
If you are an average citizen worrying about the future of this country, then the rhetoric is perfectly placed. You can take issue with my wording, but when a demographic's tax rate is slashed, (since the 1950's roughly 60%) this is a gift. And the gift comes at the expense of everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuarocks View Post
As I mentioned in a previous post in another thread, RON PAUL may very well be America's LAST hope, as he wants to totally dismantle and destroy the Federal Reserve by repealing the amendment of 1919 that Woodrow Wilson signed.. Paul is also against the IRS and calls for its dissolution as well.
Dispite my problems with the Liberterian view, I've always liked Ron Paul, but I don't like his son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuarocks View Post
EPILOGUE to this: The Republican Party and the Democratic Party are no longer legitimate parties serving the people and by the people.. they are parties where they are more concerned about those with concentrated wealth, power, and corporate big business. Unless we start to WAKE THE HELL UP and realize that our government and its cronies are set to cause our destruction, we need to take all of this very seriously.. Your familes, your children are already being brainwashed to believe that things are getting better, jobs are coming back, etc..

The sad reality is that none of this can be further from the truth.. IF things really are getting better as the corporate run media has you to believe, why is gas going up? Why is the cost of living skyrocketing? Why is the housing problem not resolved yet? And why is it that food prices are going up? The Mass corporate media may have you believe that all this is false.. but the sad truth: IT IS NOT A FANTASY.. it is happening, and its happening right now.. Expect gas to be near or at 5 a gallon or possibly more..

While the American people are asleep, the Republicans and Democrats and their tea party supporters are planning their next attack on civil liberties and your freedoms.

The US today is not the home of the brave or the land of the free.. today, it is a Corporate run fascist dictatorship with Banks, Federal Reserve, and their allies teamed up to cause problems for all of us. WAKE UP AMERICA!! Make 2012 your priority for saving this great nation of ours.. Ron Paul has been known by many as America's LAST true hope to regain her freedom from corporate tyranny and the banks.

The only things that are getting better is CORPORATE STRANGULATION of American society and we have allowed our government to support them in place of the People. Its time to take back the country from CORPORATE RULE.
Unfortunately I don't see a solution. If you make me pick a party, I'm going to pick one that is sympathetic to my economic reality. Despite their ineptitudes, that would be Democrats or possible Independents (if they can get elected). Under no circumstances would it be Republicans who are outright hostile to average citizens. It continues to amaze me that they receive the support they do. It just proves the wedge issues will get stupid people to vote against their own best interests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuarocks View Post
Which is why it must be destroyed or dismantled and only Ron Paul is calling for that.. he also wants to bring to an end the IRS. All good things which can help the USA get on the right track for healing.
There is no need for the IRS. Deduct taxes from your pay check at a rate based on annual income. Problem solved.
__________________
The modern business ethos: "I'm worth it, you're not, and I'm a glutton!"
MBP, 2.2 GHz intel i7, Radeon HD 6750M, Bootcamp: W7.
PC: i5 4670k, 8GB RAM, Asus GTX670 (2GB VRAM), W7.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 01:11 PM   #65
Joshuarocks
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Somewhere in Cyberspace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
I agree.



If you are an average citizen worrying about the future of this country, then the rhetoric is perfectly placed. You can take issue with my wording, but when a demographic's tax rate is slashed, (since the 1950's roughly 60%) this is a gift. And the gift comes at the expense of everyone else.



Dispite my problems with the Liberterian view, I've always liked Ron Paul, but I don't like his son.



Unfortunately I don't see a solution. If you make me pick a party, I'm going to pick one that is sympathetic to my economic reality. Despite their ineptitudes, that would be Democrats or possible Independents (if they can get elected). Under no circumstances would it be Republicans who are outright hostile to average citizens. It continues to amaze me that they receive the support they do. It just proves the wedge issues will get stupid people to vote against their own best interests.



There is no need for the IRS. Deduct taxes from your pay check at a rate based on annual income. Problem solved.
Thank you for agreeing with me on some things.. I am very RADICAL when it comes to freedoms being infringed upon, and the way the country is now heading. The Republicans are no friends to the Working, Middle and upper middle class majority.. The Republican agenda surely speaks for corporations and big businesses, and not the interests of the people. Even the Democratic Party fails to accomplish to bring changes to make the people's priorities come first before corporations and banks.

If Ron Paul isn't the solution, then I guess America has no future then.
Joshuarocks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 01:33 PM   #66
leekohler
Banned
 
leekohler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Here we go again with the Ron and Rand Paul cheerleading. Sorry, they're both insane. Both think that many forms of discrimination should be legal. That's just nuts. I can't support anyone who thinks that way.

Neither of the Pauls are the solution- they're part of the problem.
leekohler is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 01:45 PM   #67
Sydde
macrumors 68000
 
Sydde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuarocks View Post
If Ron Paul isn't the solution, then I guess America has no future then.
How can you be anti-corporatist and think Ron Paul is a solution? His policies enacted would accelerate our descent into neo-liberal plutocracy.

No person is the solution, it is only you and I. As long as we continue to let leaders define the country, things will not improve.

Matter of fact, perhaps Ron Paul is the solution. His policies would make everything so much worse for so many more people, we might finally be able to tear off all the band-aids, bubble gum and bailing wire and actually get at what the problem is so we can fix it.
__________________
You got to be a spirit. You can't be no ghost.
Sydde is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 03:21 PM   #68
Joshuarocks
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Somewhere in Cyberspace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
I agree.



If you are an average citizen worrying about the future of this country, then the rhetoric is perfectly placed. You can take issue with my wording, but when a demographic's tax rate is slashed, (since the 1950's roughly 60%) this is a gift. And the gift comes at the expense of everyone else.



Dispite my problems with the Liberterian view, I've always liked Ron Paul, but I don't like his son.



Unfortunately I don't see a solution. If you make me pick a party, I'm going to pick one that is sympathetic to my economic reality. Despite their ineptitudes, that would be Democrats or possible Independents (if they can get elected). Under no circumstances would it be Republicans who are outright hostile to average citizens. It continues to amaze me that they receive the support they do. It just proves the wedge issues will get stupid people to vote against their own best interests.



There is no need for the IRS. Deduct taxes from your pay check at a rate based on annual income. Problem solved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydde View Post
How can you be anti-corporatist and think Ron Paul is a solution? His policies enacted would accelerate our descent into neo-liberal plutocracy.

No person is the solution, it is only you and I. As long as we continue to let leaders define the country, things will not improve.

Matter of fact, perhaps Ron Paul is the solution. His policies would make everything so much worse for so many more people, we might finally be able to tear off all the band-aids, bubble gum and bailing wire and actually get at what the problem is so we can fix it.
I have my reasons why I am anti-corporatist.. America before 1919 wasn't a corporate state.. it was what the Founding Fathers had envisioned..They wanted a completely free Republic, free from corporate rule and tyranny..

Read up on what CORPORATIONS ARE AND WHY THEY ARE BAD FOR EVERYONE.. Obviously, you are so brainwashed by the corporate run media.. MY FRIEND, I have seen pictures for instance of babies blown to bits in the Middle East, but the Fascist run corporate rule of this country which controls the media doesn't show you the TRUTH.. Corporate RULE IS BAD.. JUST AS BAD AS STALINIST RULE.
Joshuarocks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 03:23 PM   #69
MattSepeta
macrumors 65816
 
MattSepeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 375th St. Y
Send a message via AIM to MattSepeta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuarocks View Post
I have my reasons why I am anti-corporatist.. America before 1919 wasn't a corporate state.. it was what the Founding Fathers had envisioned..They wanted a completely free Republic, free from corporate rule and tyranny..

Read up on what CORPORATIONS ARE AND WHY THEY ARE BAD FOR EVERYONE.. Obviously, you are so brainwashed by the corporate run media.. MY FRIEND, I have seen pictures for instance of babies blown to bits in the Middle East, but the Fascist run corporate rule of this country which controls the media doesn't show you the TRUTH.. Corporate RULE IS BAD.. JUST AS BAD AS STALINIST RULE.
You need to calm down buddy. Kind of making us look bad here...
__________________
busy, busy busy.
MattSepeta is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 03:37 PM   #70
Sydde
macrumors 68000
 
Sydde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSepeta View Post
You need to calm down buddy. Kind of making us look bad here...
Kind of like Jared ... oh wait, he was, umm, no, WTH was he, anyway? Like you guys or like us guys?
__________________
You got to be a spirit. You can't be no ghost.
Sydde is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 03:40 PM   #71
mrkramer
macrumors 601
 
mrkramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuarocks View Post
I have my reasons why I am anti-corporatist.. America before 1919 wasn't a corporate state.. it was what the Founding Fathers had envisioned..They wanted a completely free Republic, free from corporate rule and tyranny..
Yes, because everything was so good before 1919, the army was never called in to help corporations kill their workers, and corporations never murdered miners and their families that wanted safer working conditions.. I'm sorry, but I think you haven't read much history. Things have improved a lot since 1919, and mostly because of things that libertarians and republicans want to get rid of.
__________________
"Jesus was the first socialist, the first to seek a better life for mankind." -Mikhail Gorbachev
mrkramer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 03:55 PM   #72
Rt&Dzine
macrumors 6502a
 
Rt&Dzine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 12 across
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSepeta View Post
You need to calm down buddy. Kind of making us look bad here...
This is nothing. You should read how he feels about Jews.
Rt&Dzine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 03:57 PM   #73
MattSepeta
macrumors 65816
 
MattSepeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 375th St. Y
Send a message via AIM to MattSepeta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rt&Dzine View Post
This is nothing. You should read how he feels about Jews.
Summary?
__________________
busy, busy busy.
MattSepeta is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 03:58 PM   #74
Rt&Dzine
macrumors 6502a
 
Rt&Dzine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 12 across
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSepeta View Post
Summary?
He hates them.
Rt&Dzine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 04:00 PM   #75
MattSepeta
macrumors 65816
 
MattSepeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 375th St. Y
Send a message via AIM to MattSepeta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rt&Dzine View Post
He hates them.
What thread was this in?
__________________
busy, busy busy.
MattSepeta is offline   0 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Republican cuts hurting big retaliers bottom line, more loss of Republican support? PracticalMac Politics, Religion, Social Issues 40 Apr 5, 2014 12:54 PM
iPhone: Calendar > Agenda Tweak? evotoiphone Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 3 Jan 18, 2014 10:37 PM
Agenda calendar: your thoughts chestvrg iPhone 0 Nov 18, 2013 09:33 PM
All iPads: No Agenda: First impressions of the Mini and 4 Bdix iPad 0 Nov 6, 2012 10:50 PM
Need some help from PRSI...Agenda twenty one tigres Politics, Religion, Social Issues 19 Sep 15, 2012 03:16 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC