Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 10, 2014, 08:24 PM   #1
einmusiker
macrumors 68020
 
einmusiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Location: Location:
2014-15 NFL season thread

Picks for the upcoming season?

I see a possible juggernaut starting in Seattle. They will be good for a while barring injuries (a huge variable these days)

Is Peyton done? Can he bounce back from the embarrassing Super Bowl flounder? Is he truly a post season flop?

Brady and Belichek, any more super bowls in their future?

here we go again!
__________________
I <3 Macbook pro, I <3 GoOgle Voice, I <3 my Android phone.
waiting for the shtuff to hit the fan when people start using tons of data on LTE :Popping popcorn:
einmusiker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2014, 08:41 PM   #2
carjakester
macrumors 68020
 
carjakester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Midwest
peyton manning is an outstanding quarterback, i still think he will dominate next season, he is a joy to watch.
__________________
Late 2013 rMBP iPad 4 Retina Ipad Mini Iphone 5s Apple TV 3
carjakester is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2014, 08:47 PM   #3
einmusiker
Thread Starter
macrumors 68020
 
einmusiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Location: Location:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carjakester View Post
peyton manning is an outstanding quarterback, i still think he will dominate next season, he is a joy to watch.
he is great but is he great in the postseason? that's the ultimate question...
__________________
I <3 Macbook pro, I <3 GoOgle Voice, I <3 my Android phone.
waiting for the shtuff to hit the fan when people start using tons of data on LTE :Popping popcorn:
einmusiker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2014, 08:55 PM   #4
AustinIllini
macrumors Demi-God
 
AustinIllini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Austin, TX
I'm thinking the Texans trade down, but I swear if they take Manziel I'm going to create a 2015-2016 NFL season thread.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by einmusiker View Post
Picks for the upcoming season?

I see a possible juggernaut starting in Seattle. They will be good for a while barring injuries (a huge variable these days)

Is Peyton done? Can he bounce back from the embarrassing Super Bowl flounder? Is he truly a post season flop?

Brady and Belichek, any more super bowls in their future?

here we go again!
The Seattle juggernaut is only possible because Russell Wilson hasn't gotten paid yet. Once he demands huge money, the ability to divert that money to defense will be gone.
__________________
Victory ILLINOIS Varsity!
Early 2011 13" MBP iPad Mini Retina 32 GB Google Nexus 5
AustinIllini is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2014, 08:55 PM   #5
Moyank24
macrumors 68040
 
Moyank24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: in a New York State of mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinIllini View Post
I'm thinking the Texans trade down, but I swear if they take Manziel I'm going to create a 2015-2016 NFL season thread.
If you want to make a Texans fan drink, ask them who they'd rather have: Manziel or Derek Carr?
Moyank24 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2014, 08:58 PM   #6
AustinIllini
macrumors Demi-God
 
AustinIllini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyank24 View Post
If you want to make a Texans fan drink, ask them who they'd rather have: Manziel or Derek Carr?
I'll take Carr, but not with the number 1 overall pick. I definitely won't take Manziel 1 overall. If it's not Bridgewater, I'm trading down. Texans have too much talent to be screwing around with a terrible quarterback.
__________________
Victory ILLINOIS Varsity!
Early 2011 13" MBP iPad Mini Retina 32 GB Google Nexus 5
AustinIllini is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:14 PM   #7
MacNut
macrumors P6
 
MacNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CT
Ugh, can we start spring training first.
__________________
The thoughts in my head are rated TV-MA. Viewer discretion is advised.
Now batting, Number 2 Derek Jeter, Number 2
MacNut is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2014, 05:03 AM   #8
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5
 
ucfgrad93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Colorado
I think the Seahawks have a decent chance to repeat. I also think that the Broncos will have a good season.
__________________
If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?
ucfgrad93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2014, 10:57 AM   #9
rhett7660
macrumors G3
 
rhett7660's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sunny, Southern California
If the Seahawks stay healthy and keep the core components of the team. They are going to be a tough team for a few more years.

Of course for me, this is the year of the Cowboys! I mean come on. We have kept everyone in place that keeps us right at the .500 level for years to come! DAMN YOU AL DAVIS, I mean JERRY JONES!
__________________
"It's quite an experience to hold the hand of someone as they move from living to dead."
"Times are looking grim these days, holding on to everything, it's hard to draw the line"
rhett7660 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2014, 11:04 AM   #10
mscriv
macrumors 68040
 
mscriv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dallas, Texas
It's always interesting to see how much things change in the offseason, players will shift, new coaches are taking over, where will the top rated draft picks end up, etc. etc.. It will be a much different landscape come August then it is now.
__________________
I'm a professional therapist. If I deem our forum interaction to be professional in nature then I will bill you. Prompt payment is expected.
mscriv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2014, 01:35 PM   #11
Peace
macrumors P6
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Space--The ONLY Frontier
A couple of free agents from the Seahawks are already talking big money so I wouldn't say they would be a shoo-in for a juggernaut . Not quit yet. Wilson is happy for now but when his contract expires after the end of next season he will want big bucks provided he produces.

Seattle has the 6th SoS this coming year..

Games against Philly,Denver,San Francisco will make them keep on their toes.
__________________
Throw us one Russell---John Fox Super Bowl 49
Peace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2014, 05:22 PM   #12
mscriv
macrumors 68040
 
mscriv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dallas, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Wilson is happy for now but when his contract expires after the end of next season he will want big bucks provided he produces.
Don't you think his agent and the Players Association are going to strongly suggest a restructuring of his deal before then? He would be crazy not to go after what he can get now as opposed to taking a chance on his performance next year. You know the old "strike while the iron is hot". In this league there's very little loyalty. The stat I heard was that Peyton Manning made more in one game than Wilson made all of last year. I highly doubt that will continue for all of next year now that he's a Super Bowl winning QB. I'm not saying he's going to get Flacco money or anything like that, but I bet his paycheck goes up next year prior to his contract expiring.
__________________
I'm a professional therapist. If I deem our forum interaction to be professional in nature then I will bill you. Prompt payment is expected.
mscriv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2014, 05:35 PM   #13
Peace
macrumors P6
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Space--The ONLY Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscriv View Post
Don't you think his agent and the Players Association are going to strongly suggest a restructuring of his deal before then? He would be crazy not to go after what he can get now as opposed to taking a chance on his performance next year. You know the old "strike while the iron is hot". In this league there's very little loyalty. The stat I heard was that Peyton Manning made more in one game than Wilson made all of last year. I highly doubt that will continue for all of next year now that he's a Super Bowl winning QB. I'm not saying he's going to get Flacco money or anything like that, but I bet his paycheck goes up next year prior to his contract expiring.
Maybe. Seattle might be thinking that because they just signed B.J. Daniels to a future QB contract. Believe it or not he's a rookie and 5'11".

He was claimed off waivers from ..You guessed it. The 49'ers.
__________________
Throw us one Russell---John Fox Super Bowl 49
Peace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2014, 07:12 AM   #14
maflynn
Moderator
 
maflynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston
I'd say if any team can repeat it will be the Seahawks. The trick will be staying focused and hungry for another ring. There's a ton of distractions that go along with winning the super bowl. Unlike the Ravens, they'll not loose too many people and they're a young team. They're on my short list to go all the way.
__________________
~Mike Flynn
maflynn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2014, 07:55 AM   #15
satcomer
macrumors 68040
 
satcomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Upstate NYS
I think in the coming years we might see the Buffalo Bills moving to a different city according the local news sight article Cuomo names first members to group tasked with exploring new Bills stadium.
__________________
Mac Pro Dual 2.8 Quad(Rev B.), 16 G RAM, OS X 10.9, 23'' LCD
Mac Book Pro Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, SuperDrive, 2G RAM, OS X 10.7.5
iPad 3, 32 black
satcomer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2014, 09:15 AM   #16
rdowns
macrumors Penryn
 
rdowns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by satcomer View Post
I think in the coming years we might see the Buffalo Bills moving to a different city according the local news sight article Cuomo names first members to group tasked with exploring new Bills stadium.

Kind of surprised they are still in Buffalo. Talk about a dying city.
__________________
"Ignorance is not an excuse."- Goodell to Saints GM on Bountygate
rdowns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2014, 05:28 PM   #17
Mousse
macrumors 65816
 
Mousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Mended Drum, Ankh-Morpork
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinIllini View Post
I'll take Carr, but not with the number 1 overall pick. I definitely won't take Manziel 1 overall. If it's not Bridgewater, I'm trading down. Texans have too much talent to be screwing around with a terrible quarterback.
I hear ya, bro. But I would only take Clowney #1. You can't pass up on a once a generation talent like that. The kid is a modern day Deacon Jones. I keep hearing about his lack of motivation. Well, he ain't making millions on College, so I think the Benjamins will be plenty of motivation for him to work hard.

I think we get a QB to develop in the 2nd round. If Schaub is willing to take a huge pay cut, we can keep him on board. I know his season went down the toilet in 2013, but I believe he can be a stop gap for one year at least.
__________________
D'oh! (_8(|)
Mousse is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2014, 05:50 PM   #18
Peace
macrumors P6
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Space--The ONLY Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousse View Post
I hear ya, bro. But I would only take Clowney #1. You can't pass up on a once a generation talent like that. The kid is a modern day Deacon Jones. I keep hearing about his lack of motivation. Well, he ain't making millions on College, so I think the Benjamins will be plenty of motivation for him to work hard.

I think we get a QB to develop in the 2nd round. If Schaub is willing to take a huge pay cut, we can keep him on board. I know his season went down the toilet in 2013, but I believe he can be a stop gap for one year at least.
Only reason Schaub was down is because Foster wasn't doing well..
__________________
Throw us one Russell---John Fox Super Bowl 49
Peace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2014, 06:41 PM   #19
einmusiker
Thread Starter
macrumors 68020
 
einmusiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Location: Location:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowns View Post
Kind of surprised they are still in Buffalo. Talk about a dying city.
Not unlike most of upstate ny. If they lose the bills the entire upstate will feel the pain
__________________
I <3 Macbook pro, I <3 GoOgle Voice, I <3 my Android phone.
waiting for the shtuff to hit the fan when people start using tons of data on LTE :Popping popcorn:
einmusiker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2014, 07:41 AM   #20
satcomer
macrumors 68040
 
satcomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Upstate NYS
Quote:
Originally Posted by einmusiker View Post
Not unlike most of upstate ny. If they lose the bills the entire upstate will feel the pain
Yes. However it always have been known that the Buffalo Bills constantly sellout every home game, constantly.
__________________
Mac Pro Dual 2.8 Quad(Rev B.), 16 G RAM, OS X 10.9, 23'' LCD
Mac Book Pro Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, SuperDrive, 2G RAM, OS X 10.7.5
iPad 3, 32 black
satcomer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2014, 07:45 PM   #21
einmusiker
Thread Starter
macrumors 68020
 
einmusiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Location: Location:
Quote:
Originally Posted by satcomer View Post
Yes. However it always have been known that the Buffalo Bills constantly sellout every home game, constantly.
exactly why it is imperative that they do not leave
__________________
I <3 Macbook pro, I <3 GoOgle Voice, I <3 my Android phone.
waiting for the shtuff to hit the fan when people start using tons of data on LTE :Popping popcorn:
einmusiker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2014, 07:51 PM   #22
pTacRP
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
In evaluating Manning and his post season performances, how many QB's in the NFL have as many post season appearances as he does, and 3 SuperBowl appearances. Win or loose, he's there more than most, which means he's good. And I am a lifelong Broncos fan
pTacRP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2014, 05:55 AM   #23
rdowns
macrumors Penryn
 
rdowns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by satcomer View Post
Yes. However it always have been known that the Buffalo Bills constantly sellout every home game, constantly.
That's not true. Google Buffalo Bills TV blackout and you'll see several instances where the owner or local business bought up tickets to stop the blackout. Makes sense as they have been shedding population for 2 decades now.
__________________
"Ignorance is not an excuse."- Goodell to Saints GM on Bountygate
rdowns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2014, 08:36 AM   #24
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5
 
ucfgrad93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Only reason Schaub was down is because Foster wasn't doing well..
While that certainly contributed to Schaub's bad season, I think there was more to it than that.
__________________
If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?
ucfgrad93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:27 AM   #25
Moyank24
macrumors 68040
 
Moyank24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: in a New York State of mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
While that certainly contributed to Schaub's bad season, I think there was more to it than that.
Agreed - I think it was a mixture of Schaub just getting older (and coming off an injury), bad O-Line protection, and horrendous play calling.

For instance that pick 6 against Seattle - Everyone and their mother in the stadium (and the rest of Texas for that matter) knew what play was going to be run before he stepped up to the line.

Their run game actually didn't do badly after Foster went down. Ben Tate will get paid a lot for his services this year.
Moyank24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014-15 NHL season thread albertfallickwa Community Discussion 24 Sep 14, 2014 09:42 PM
2014 MLB Season thread quagmire Community Discussion 396 Sep 12, 2014 08:19 AM
The 2013-14 NFL football season thread einmusiker Community Discussion 1916 Feb 10, 2014 08:10 PM
'NFL Now' Streaming Video Service Launching Ahead of 2014 NFL Season MacRumors iOS Blog Discussion 34 Feb 3, 2014 04:52 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC