Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Incredible

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Southern California
I tried, but its not working.

I used MakeMKV, and i clicked the Backup Disc button, and it started ripping my movie.

File size is over 40GB, but there are 3 folders:

AACS
BDMV
CERTIFICATION

Each folder has subfolders, some more than others.

I went to Handbrake, and in the BDMV folder, there is a folder called STREAM, and after opening it, there are over 50 files ranging from 800KB to 5.55GB. I used to biggest GB file, but it didn't work. Handbrake kept saying: "No Valid Source Found"

I tried a lot of different files looking for the main film file to use on Handbrake, but I can't find it. Did I do something wrong?

Has anyone ever experienced the same problem and was able to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

:)

gunthermic

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
I tried, but its not working.

I used MakeMKV, and i clicked the Backup Disc button, and it started ripping my movie.

File size is over 40GB, but there are 3 folders:

AACS
BDMV
CERTIFICATION

Each folder has subfolders, some more than others.

I went to Handbrake, and in the BDMV folder, there is a folder called STREAM, and after opening it, there are over 50 files ranging from 800KB to 5.55GB. I used to biggest GB file, but it didn't work. Handbrake kept saying: "No Valid Source Found"

I tried a lot of different files looking for the main film file to use on Handbrake, but I can't find it. Did I do something wrong?

Has anyone ever experienced the same problem and was able to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

:)

I have a ripped copy of inception. However I accomplished mine in a different manner. I will try yours and see where it could be going wrong.

gunthermic

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
It sounds like Inception is broken up into parts like many of the Disney movies. If so, then you'll need to rerip the titles (which are determined by the playlists on the disc) instead of a disc backup.

No it's fine to rip. I think he didn't decrypt it when he did a backup. I have ripped the whole disc and just the main title. both worked fine.

Mr. Incredible

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Southern California
No it's fine to rip. I think he didn't decrypt it when he did a backup. I have ripped the whole disc and just the main title. both worked fine.

But whenever I hit the decrypt button, it doesn't work. I don't get it.

I just uninstalled it and reinstalled it just now. Lets see if it works...

So it said that the evaluation period is over and that I need to purchase a key. Where do i buy it from, and how much is it?

I'm checking the makemkv website and i don't see it.

Last edited by a moderator:

gunthermic

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
So it said that the evaluation period is over and that I need to purchase a key. Where do i buy it from, and how much is it?

I'm checking the makemkv website and i don't see it.

It is 50.00. however many many people talk all over these forums about un-install MakeMKV and re-installing to get another 30 days.

Mr. Incredible

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Southern California
It sounds like Inception is broken up into parts like many of the Disney movies. If so, then you'll need to rerip the titles (which are determined by the playlists on the disc) instead of a disc backup.

For me to be able to Save Selected Titles, its not letting me click that button. I can only click the options: Open Video file, Backup disc, Show preference dialog, and Open drive tray.

Whenever I click backup, it keeps saying that my evaluation period has ended.

I have a ripped copy of inception. However I accomplished mine in a different manner. I will try yours and see where it could be going wrong.

How were you able to accomplish yours? You said you did it in a different manner, so how did you do it?

So, i decided to spend the $50 and I bought MakeMKV.

After using the code, it's actually working (decrypting while backing up).

Once i finish doing this, I should be able to use Handbrake and to finish it, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

occams razor

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2010
Salem, OR
I use total video converter. Works great for anything and everything. If you need you may have to get a team together and go into the computers dream and steal the information to get the code lol

Apropos

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2010
The main title for INCEPTION should show around two and a half hours. If yours is showing 3:10 then you have the "making of" feature interleaved with the movie.

cpucrash0

macrumors regular
May 25, 2010
Texas
For me to be able to Save Selected Titles, its not letting me click that button. I can only click the options: Open Video file, Backup disc, Show preference dialog, and Open drive tray.

Whenever I click backup, it keeps saying that my evaluation period has ended.

How were you able to accomplish yours? You said you did it in a different manner, so how did you do it?

So, i decided to spend the $50 and I bought MakeMKV.

After using the code, it's actually working (decrypting while backing up).

Once i finish doing this, I should be able to use Handbrake and to finish it, right?
why didn't you try anydvd? I think anydvd hd is the best way to rip bluray. I've been using it for a while now. http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvdhd.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.