Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jan 25, 2005, 10:06 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

"Make Something Unreal" Mod and Movie Winners Announced by...

Category: Games
Link: \"Make Something Unreal\" Mod and Movie Winners Announced by Epic
Posted on MacBytes.com

Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jan 25, 2005, 08:30 PM   #2
nagromme
macrumors G5

All very cool mods, and free! Damnation is pretty neat--you can "fly out of your head" in Spirit Walk mode and possess one of your enemies, making him turn on other enemies while you lurk safely out of sight in a trance.

Some of the non-winners are great too--like UnWheel. I like adding UnWheel cars to Onslaught games, and even Deathmatch if there's open space, just for fun.

But my favorite mods are probably these returning classics:

Chaos:
http://chaoticdreams.org/

and my #1 favorite, Jailbreak:
http://planetjailbreak.com/
nagromme is offline   0
Old Jan 26, 2005, 05:33 AM   #3
Santaduck
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via ICQ to Santaduck Send a message via AIM to Santaduck
Hi Nagromme,

those two are both gametypes right? (not full conversion mods)

It's interesting to note that Epic was apparently very biased toward the nonFPS games, but that a FPS one ended up taking the top prize-- I wonder if a licensing deal is in the works (which would essentially eat up the prize, depending on the price of the license).

UPDATE:
I figured out how to watch the winning movie The Journey. It's amazing it looks like a hand-drawn collage. I posted the method (it's not trivial) to the news thread at the URL listed.

Last edited by Santaduck; Jan 26, 2005 at 07:10 AM.
Santaduck is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion