Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Jan 25, 2005, 11:11 AM   #1
retrospek
macrumors 6502

Integrating Mac Mini into my home office

Hi all,

While I wait for my Mac Mini to arrive, I'm trying to plan exactly how it will integrate into my existing network of Windows PC's and Peripherals.

I've created a diagram on how I intend to do this at the following URL:

http://www.pluginturnon.co.uk/2005/0...set-up_23.html

You can see the diagram at the bottom of the page.

Any feedback any of you have on this would be appreciated. This is my first Mac so if you see something on the diagram which doesn't look right please let me know...

Thanks,
Mark
Old Jan 25, 2005, 11:24 AM   #2
wordmunger
macrumors 603

Looks like a nice setup to me! If you don't like wires, you could get an apple keyboard -- then the mouse plugs into the keyboard and you'd save one of your USB hubs. There's also an extra USB port on the keyboard (not powered, though), which can be convenient.
wordmunger is offline   0
Old Jan 25, 2005, 11:44 AM   #3
retrospek
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmunger
Looks like a nice setup to me! If you don't like wires, you could get an apple keyboard -- then the mouse plugs into the keyboard and you'd save one of your USB hubs. There's also an extra USB port on the keyboard (not powered, though), which can be convenient.
Good idea. So you mean the mouse would go to the keyboard. The keyboard would go into the USB switch (which only has one output) and the USB switch would go to all of the PC's.

I guess that would achieve the same as I have in the diagram where I only have one Keyboard/Mouse on my desk - but I wouldn't need the USB1 hub anymore which would reduce the wires...

Thanks for the idea..

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers