Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
I thought I had my phone configured to not receive any application notifications / badges. In Settings, Notifications are turned off. To confirm the specific app I turned Notifications on and verified that Sounds / Alerts / Badges are disabled in Angry Birds. I turned Notifications back off.

Even with those settings I was notified from Angry Birds and had a badge.

Thanks for any help!

Mitchelino

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2009
Ontario, Canada
That's odd. Try opening the app and doing whatever makes the badge count go to zero. From then on you shouldn't get any more badge counts. Should that not work, try restarting your phone?

someone28624

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
Buffalo
I'm having the same issue since buying the mighty eagle upgrade. I disabled push for it, but every few minutes it keeps giving me another meaningless notification.

AuroraProject

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2008
Right there
Semi update, from Rovio:

Q: How can I stop receiving notifications from Angry Birds?

A: The current version of Angry Birds (version 1.5.1) has a bug that causes notifications to appear even though notifications are disabled from the phone settings. This will be fixed in a following update.

digiphantom

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2008
sorry to bring back an old topic.

I'm noticing this still happens. I have the mighty eagle for Angry Bird Seasons.

JMies419

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2006
I turned push notifications off and I am no longer receiving them and am not having a problem. Not real sure what the purpose of push notifications for this game were in the first place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.