Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jan 25, 2005, 11:51 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Tiny iPod Shuffle chock-full of pleasant surprises

Category: Reviews
Link: Tiny iPod Shuffle chock-full of pleasant surprises
Posted on MacBytes.com

Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jan 25, 2005, 02:47 PM   #2
nagromme
macrumors G4

Quibble:

"You can't exclusively play just Rock songs, which is a bummer when jogging"

Actually, you can draw from ANY playlist you want when you load the player. Even Genre = Rock. You don't have to load stuff from your WHOLE library if you don't want to.
nagromme is offline   0
Old Jan 25, 2005, 04:07 PM   #3
jkhanson
macrumors member

Plays for Sure?

From the article:

"the children were most delighted to see Uncle Andy were the houses in which someone unwrapped a non-Apple music player that morning. Y'see, most of 'em didn't work. It was a Holy Day, and I spent much of it reinstalling Windows Media Player 10 and downloading new device drivers. That's not right. It's just not right."

Microsoft's "Plays for Sure" labels are going to be a big joke if too many people have experiences like these. Seems to me that if you want something that plays for sure, get an iPod.
jkhanson is offline   0
Old Jan 25, 2005, 04:15 PM   #4
ThePreacherMan
macrumors newbie

iTunes vs the others (No Competition)

I just received my Ipod Shuffle yesterday. It is everything I hoped it would be and more. If you are wondering about the cap falling off, don't. It is secured by two micro spring loaded ball-bearings and they do a great job of securing the cap. I took it to the gym today for it's first work out and I didn't even know I was wearing it. The sound and convience are unmatchable in my opinion. I am trying to get my hands on 3 more for members of my family. I don't want any coveting.

I have to Ipods, one for activities (gym, biking, skiing & etc) and the other for everything else!

Now that preaches!!!

Last edited by ThePreacherMan; Jan 25, 2005 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Grammar
ThePreacherMan is offline   0
Old Jan 25, 2005, 07:21 PM   #5
nagromme
macrumors G4

I think "Plays for Sure" is meant to be "Plays? I'm so sure!"

Last edited by nagromme; Jan 25, 2005 at 07:28 PM.
nagromme is offline   0
Old Jan 26, 2005, 02:22 AM   #6
24C
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromme
I think "Plays for Sure" is meant to be "Plays? I'm so sure!"
What ever it says, there were first ...What does "Plays for Sure" mean? I thought "Plug and Play" covered that option, obviously it doesn't...
Maybe "Plug and Play" was misleading the masses, "Plays for Sure" is more accurate, because it does work, BUT only when you have the required software/updates/drivers installed
24C is offline   0
Old Jan 26, 2005, 05:43 AM   #7
nagromme
macrumors G4

Don't get me started on "Plug and Play." I was up all night last week trying to get a new camera to "plug and play." First time I plugged it in... it searched for drivers and after numerous clicks and windows, found none. I obtained and installed the driver from the manufacturer. Camera still not recognized... and now, nothing even popped up when I plugged the thing in. So I went through Control Panel to add hardware manually. The new driver showed up, but simply asked me to insert a CD that doesn't exist. Reboot. Slap self awake. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Plugged the camera into my Mac and my photos came up in iPhoto without installing a single thing.

I'm occasionally astonished by just HOW wide the usability gap can be at times, between Microsoft and Apple.
nagromme is offline   0
Old Jan 26, 2005, 06:39 AM   #8
billyboy
macrumors 65816

Dont get too carried away!. Yes Macs do tend to just work if something says Mac compatible on the box, but iPhoto behaved once with a Kodak camera I had and then somehow stopped me making any further downloads of pictures. Oh well, cant win em all.
billyboy is offline   0
Old Jan 26, 2005, 07:50 AM   #9
24C
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy
Dont get too carried away!. Yes Macs do tend to just work if something says Mac compatible on the box, but iPhoto behaved once with a Kodak camera I had and then somehow stopped me making any further downloads of pictures. Oh well, cant win em all.
Had this problem before, thought I'd be smart, reformatted the card on the camera...no good...replaced USB lead...problem solved. I always check the system profiler now to save time
24C is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion