Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Jan 25, 2005, 12:40 PM   #1
Uuugggg
macrumors newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Uuugggg Send a message via AIM to Uuugggg
How do I get these C++ files to run?...

I code Java... Yes, terrible, I know, and I would try something else if anything easily worked. I've tried using developer software like CodeWarrior and XCode but it adds numerous files and doesn't run in the end anyway... I run my Java code oddly enough, I use Terminal and type out 'javac Code.java' and 'java Code' . Heh...

But now I'm starting a Graphics course that has given me a pre-built application in C++, so I figure that would be a good starting point to figure out how to use the software and C++ at the same time... But there is no 'project file' to open it up and it doesn't just run... so, how would I get this (documentation) running in XCode or CodeWarrior? CodeWarrior is meant to be used, but I figure XCode should handle it... I've only tried XCode, and either I make a blank project and it doesn't let me run, or I make a Cocoa app and there are extra files and plenty of errors...
Uuugggg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 07:14 PM   #2
fintler
macrumors newbie

fintler@haven:~$ wget http://faculty.harker.org/DaveF/AdvT...PixelWorks.zip
--20:07:42-- http://faculty.harker.org/DaveF/AdvT...PixelWorks.zip
=> `PixelWorks.zip'
Resolving faculty.harker.org... done.
Connecting to faculty.harker.org[207.82.33.7]:80... failed: Operation timed out.

I'd help you out but I'm having problems getting the sources....is there anywhere else I can get them at?
fintler is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 07:30 PM   #3
MacNeXT
macrumors 6502

Links don't seem to work.

A couple of points:

- Java isn't terrible.

- It's a graphics app. How does the app display stuff? Are you sure it's Mac compatible?

- C(++) source packages often have a "makefile" file that, simply put, contains a script that automates the compilation. The "make" command (available from command line) finds the makefile in the current dir and starts the compilation.
Old Jan 28, 2005, 09:45 PM   #4
Zion Grail
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to Zion Grail
The only thing I really don't like about Java is using I/O. Otherwise I quite enjoy and prefer Java. (I just wish they'd make it easier to scan and output to files, as well as read in user input. In C++ it's almost trivial to do that.)

So, no, Java isn't horrible, or at least not all of us here think that.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming