Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:15 PM   #1
Audio Blood
macrumors member

Play games without wifi?

Hey everyone! I just got an iPod touch tonight. I'm wondering if it's possible to play games without wifi access. When I click on the game center, it asks for my apple ID and pw, which I enter, then nothing happens.

Is there an initial internet requirement, then I can play without internet, or? Kind of bummed if I need a constant wifi connection to play games... so any help would be great. I tried searching but must not be putting in the correct search terms. Thanks a lot. I've got old iPods that are sooo basic compared to the touch, so I'm a little overwhelmed.

If it helps - I only downloaded three apps so far, words with friends, angry birds, and the talking tom. One more question, I don't know where to find the talking tom app, or is it in the game center?
Audio Blood is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:17 PM   #2
Matthew Yohe
macrumors Demi-God

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Yohe
Game center is just the social connector for games. You can just start any game you want and play it. You download all apps via the App Store, and play them by just tapping on them on your home screen.
Matthew Yohe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:22 PM   #3
Audio Blood
macrumors member

Oh! Thank god for that. Well, I did download them and have them auto synced, so I'm wondering why I don't see them... or if they're hidden somewhere :/.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:30 PM   #4
Audio Blood
macrumors member

Ah, I didn't realize I had to drag and drop games onto my iPod in iTunes, odd, I think I got em working now . Thanks for your help!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch