Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
What do you think about Kioky? I hope it works as good as they say.

They should have zoom up more on the screen, I can't really tell if it's perfectly aligned.
Youtube Video

It's only $15 on kickstarter so I just went ahead and pledge/pre-order.
kickstarter http://kck.st/fQo4gw

If there's a need, this fills it. But I'm fine applying my Screen Protectors Commando style.

Question, is this a one shot deal or can you reuse it?

If you can reuse it, looks like it only works with stiff plastic screen protectors like PowerSupport. Not sure if it will work with vinyl screen protectors like Zagg.

Last edited:

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
Looks interesting, finally someone created something like this for us people that suck at putting on screen protectors. Aligning it is a pain, and one you align it then somehow there's dust underneath! :mad: Going to wait for some more info on this, I might pick one up!

buffgrk

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2010
that sounds pretty promising, i mite get myself one.. even tho i just installed wrapsol on mine.. ill use this next..

reebs

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
I would agree dust is the main issue here. Alignment can be off but dust...UGH! I guess you can apply it in a steam filled bathroom.

FirePak

macrumors regular
May 5, 2006
Mesa Arizona
I think the Idea is very cool, If its true that someone offered them 7 figures for the product they are nuts to not take it. This is already probably in a chinese factory being knocked off. I still chipped in tho!

reebs

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
Can you also use it to apply protector to the back? I would think so cause same dimensions but correct me if I'm wrong?

weisjt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2010
Southern Pines, North Carolina

obyte

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2010
Boston
it takes about 2 weeks they went to ces and got a little backed up i got email on the 4th and got it yesterday so hang tight its a great product.

Yeah, I am going to have to end up buying like 10 of the applicators so I've been wanting to test them. I've been in contact with them about it. I didn't have a chance to check their CES booth when I was there :(

3gbuff

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2009
Im also a backer. I really liked what they did with the international shipping.
Free for Canada and only $5 for international. Kudos to them.

techdude6693

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2010
Irvine, CA
I applied a back protector with this and It worked. If you watch the bombproof or DRX vid on my channel you can see how it turned out. Unfortunately its not on my phone anymore it wouldn't fit with a couple new cases I got

obyte

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2010
Boston
I applied a back protector with this and It worked. If you watch the bombproof or DRX vid on my channel you can see how it turned out. Unfortunately its not on my phone anymore it wouldn't fit with a couple new cases I got

Would you sell yours?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.