Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:34 PM   #1
Cdmays
macrumors newbie

Apple tv and airplay speakers

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to play my iTunes movies on apple tv and have the audio stream to airplay speakers? Similarly, is there a way to watch a movie on iTunes or ipad and play the audio to airplay speakers?

I searched but didn't find anything on the internet current to the latest airplay version.

Thanks!

Last edited by Cdmays; Dec 29, 2010 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Clarification and typo
Cdmays is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2010, 03:37 PM   #2
newagemac
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdmays View Post
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to play my iTunes movies on apple tv and have the audio stream to airplay speakers? Similarly, is there a way to watch a movie on iTunes or ipad and play the audio to airplay speakers?

I searched but didn't find anything on the internet current to the latest airplay version.

Thanks!
On your iPad if you use something like Air Video, Netflix, or Eye TV or any other app that does not support Video Airplay then you can still use audio Airplay. The audio will play on the Airplay speakers while the video plays on the device. Works fine with EyeTV and Air Video but I just tried it with Netflix and the audio was slightly off.
newagemac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater