Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
is anyone out there into the hidden object games? I thought there was just 2 or 3 of them but after a more thorough search its like 45 of em. Can anyone suggest a decent one. preferably one that also has hints.

These type of games are kind relaxing to me and would really like to grab a few

bunger

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2007
Thanks Ill check it out!

The same company also has a few others (amazon and everest), but they are a bit buggy and/or the some of the puzzles are just not logical... But they seemed to have fixed all of those issues in ancientspirits

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
Its sorta like an adventure game. You explore rooms and areas. There is a list of objects on the bottom of the screen you have to find in the scene. There can be as many as fifty scenes. Its not just searching for a list of items. There is also loads and loads of puzzles inside. You can move room to room examining things for clues and other objects that are used in mini games. Some have secret areas. It's hard to explain best thing is to just play one.

Dragoro

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2010
The stone is pretty cool. I got it for free, don't know if it still is though

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
is anyone out there into the hidden object games? I thought there was just 2 or 3 of them but after a more thorough search its like 45 of em. Can anyone suggest a decent one. preferably one that also has hints.

I really like "Drawn".

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
I like the Mystery of the Crystal Portal games ... they were on sale before Christmas, not sure pricing now ...

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA

If you like Hidden Object Games and have a mac or pc desktop or laptop with a larger screen, then give Bigfish Games a go. They have a ton of the best games out there. I find their much more enjoyable on a large screen. Either way have fun! ;)

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
If you like Hidden Object Games and have a mac or pc desktop or laptop with a larger screen, then give Bigfish Games a go. They have a ton of the best games out there. I find their much more enjoyable on a large screen. Either way have fun! ;)

Yes they are great. My stepmother has a subscription to big fish and I get the spoils. They are a lot of fun but some of the puzzles are really hard. Sometimes I use the hints they provide and I sit back after and think to myself how would I possibly ever have ever figured that out.

Pete the Geek

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2011
Sioux Lookout
I just finished Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret HD for iPad. It was an engaging story. Empress offers a nice mix of hidden object and other (fairly easy) puzzles. There are hints for every puzzle and you can even skip puzzles. There is a sequel but it is not out for iPad yet.

Robby66

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2011
Jade Rousseau

I´m a fan of Jade Rousseau: The Secret Revelations since I bought it last month on the Mac Appstore. If you like storylines that could be from a Dan Brown book, this one is for you.

Stangs55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2007
The Lone Star State
I just finished Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret HD for iPad. It was an engaging story. Empress offers a nice mix of hidden object and other (fairly easy) puzzles. There are hints for every puzzle and you can even skip puzzles. There is a sequel but it is not out for iPad yet.

This one was great

stevearm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2007
Ancient Spirits and Isabella are the worst 'Big Fish' hidden object games, very boring.

Drawn: Painted Tower, Nick Chase, Awakening, Buckinham Palace, Haunted Manor are all excellent.

Not tried Puppet Show, Secret Mission or Serpent of Isis but they're apparently quite good.

It's a shame you're asking now, all the Big Fish games were 90% off a couple of weeks ago. Amazing bargains.

Non Big Fish, Treasure Seekers 1 and (in particular) 2 are fantastic.

HellenaSim

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2011
Guys HELP!

Have you heard anything about Mystery Manor for iPad? This is my favorite hidden object game on Facebook. I saw a review somewhere, saying that it is already available for iPad, but I couldn’t find it in the AppStore. Do you know anything about it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.