Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews

Old Jan 26, 2005, 12:23 PM   #1
macdaddy121
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Yahoo to macdaddy121
Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

I just purchased the mac mini with the bluetooth option, but I was wondering if there was a better keyboard and mouse than the one that apple has to offer. I like the keyboard fine but i get tired of the one button mouse. Any suggestions or links to sites would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
macdaddy121 is offline   0
Old Jan 26, 2005, 12:27 PM   #2
timnosenzo
macrumors 6502a

here's a link

honestly though, this topic comes up quite a bit. comes down to personal preference.
timnosenzo is offline   0
Old Jan 26, 2005, 01:51 PM   #3
iKwick7
macrumors 65816

although very, very expensive, this cannot be beat, imo.

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...825&pfp=BROWSE

I have that mouse for both my desktop and my laptop.
For a bit less, you could get the wireless version that doesnt require bluetooth.

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...457&pfp=BROWSE

Personally, I went with the apple bluetooth combo just because its so damn sexy. That being said, perhaps you could keep the apple keyboard and go with the logitech mouse (it really is the best mouse I have ever used).

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...820&pfp=BROWSE
Old Jan 26, 2005, 02:26 PM   #4
1macker1
Banned

F.Y.I. it can take the apple keyboard up to 10 seconds to wake up.
1macker1 is offline   0
Old Jan 26, 2005, 02:58 PM   #5
macdaddy121
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Yahoo to macdaddy121
personal preference

I know it is all about what the user feels most comfortable with but I used the apple mouse and got tired of the one button and no scroll. I like the keyboard because of the eject button, volume controls. I know this topic comes up a lot and I am sorry to ask again but I didn't know if there was something new and improved. Do most bluetooth keyboards have the eject option or volume controls like the apple keyboard. Thanks for the links so far.
macdaddy121 is offline   0
Old Jan 28, 2005, 04:27 PM   #6
superleccy
macrumors 6502a

I "switched" a couple of months ago, and I never thought I'd ever get used to a one button mouse with no scroll button. But, you get used to it, and I now couldn't imagine using anything than the "official" apple BT keyboard and mouse with my mac. They're just soooo sexy.

Actually the keyboard is the best I have ever used... period. It makes those huge logitech things look really ugly.

(Just my opinion).
Old Jan 28, 2005, 05:28 PM   #7
iKwick7
macrumors 65816

I agree. It's funny, I just looked down at my Logitech keyboard and smiled (pc). I absolutely LOVE my apple bluetooth keyboard. So sexy and comfortable. But nothing even comes close to my Logitech mx700 wireless mouse. That thing is sexy (not mac sexy, but sexy indeed, and matches my Shuttle pc) and the most comfortable, efficient mouse I have ever used. That being said, I still went with the Apple moust just because of the sexiness factor, and I don't mind it one bit.
Old Jan 28, 2005, 07:58 PM   #8
bigandy
macrumors G3

i couldn't do that to my mac, set up an ugly logitech setup. yuk.

apple all the way.

and the one mouse button thing is fine when you're used to it! i dont like two buttons in WinXP machines now, am thinking of setting my work pc up with my older white apple pro mouse

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews