Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SoundMan

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
Hi

I got a 16gb 3G iPad for Christmas

It seems every site I go onto needs flash

Seeing as the iPad has been out for a while,what program is the best to use for putting flash on my new iPad.

Does anyone make a web browser with a flash plug in?

Also since I'm so new to the apple world,do I need to jail break the iPad,can flash be turned on and off so I don't waste battery life.

Thankou

Mitchrapp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2010
Skyfire is a hit and miss but it does get JustinTV, uStream, CBS, Crackle, TBS and some others. It won't get Hulu though or NFL Game replay or Game access, that would be so cool though. So it's not bad, quality is decent but not top quality.

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
If you have a PC or Mac that you keep on, you can use Splashtop remote to take over them. It works for playing video or audio.

caubeck

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2007
Seems to me like the answer you really need is: sorry, iPad doesn't do flash. Skyfire is a browser that let's you see some flash content, just not all of it and not without pressing buttons.

Hi

I got a 16gb 3G iPad for Christmas

It seems every site I go onto needs flash

Seeing as the iPad has been out for a while,what program is the best to use for putting flash on my new iPad.

Does anyone make a web browser with a flash plug in?

Also since I'm so new to the apple world,do I need to jail break the iPad,can flash be turned on and off so I don't waste battery life.

Thankou

badboyz

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2011
Sorry to tell you caubeck you couldn't be more Wrong, soundman, you have two options, and ya your ipad needs to be jb, once that's done you can

a) google "Frash download" and install that

B) (I feel this is a much better option) go to cydia and install "imobilecinema"

if it doesn't show up add "cydia.xsellize.com" to your repositorys in cydia and walla there ya go, flash...plus if you install sb settings also from cydia, you can have the option of turning on and off the said pluggin..

hope this helped

adios

badboy for life ;) :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.