Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
Any way on the iPad to save a web page to disk for viewing later while completely preserving the formatting and the images. (web archive)

I read lots of web sites offline on my Mac using web archives made by firefox. It would be really sweet to be able to do this on my iPad.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
I thought at first it only saved text but after looking at the screen shots one of the saved docs had a graph in it. So i will have to purchase it and see how it goes. Thanks for the reply.

colmaclean

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Berlin
I use Offline Pages.

One feature it has that is missing from Instapaper is the "Pro" version can do a "deep trawl" so you can point it at the main page of a site and it will download all linked pages. It also works in the background, which is nice.

Good for downloading an entire on-line newspaper before setting off on a flight, for example.

Costs a bit more than Instapaper, though...

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Offline pages or Redit Later Pro, which I have grown to love in the whole week I've had it.

seajay96

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2010
I haven't played around with it much, so I can't speak to whether it saves everything, but Goodreader can save webpages

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
Oh cool I have good reader already I will have to try it. Thanks guys. Actually a lot of these look really nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.