Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The-Barron

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
Hi guys
Made the move from the 3GS to the 4 a few weeks ago, and discovered that my SkullCandy FMJ with remote had broken functionality with the iPhone 4, after reading their forums and having no joy, not even a reply, from SkullCandy themselves. I accepted this and started the search for a new pair. With it being near Christmas I decided to wait to the Jan sales for purchase.

My budget is around £70, i can probably stretch to a little more, want something with a microphone, and three button system for iPod controls. In terms of music taste, I listen to pretty much any kind of music, and i do mean anything. Also don't like bass that is too overpowering.

The two I have narrowed to so far are:

Sennheiser MM 70i
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-MM-Headset-Remote-Control/dp/B003WV39B6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293970392&sr=8-1

or

V-Moda Remix Remote Nero
http://www.amazon.co.uk/V-MODA-RRMT---NERO-Remix-Remote/dp/B0037KLP72/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1293970405&sr=1-1

I have narrowed to these, however i am open to other suggestions and all opinions and suggestions will be considered.

Thanks in advance.

todd03blown

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2010
I just bought the Etymotic HF3's and love them! They are above what you are wanting to spend but they are worth the money. The sound they produce is amazing and the bass is not over powering at all. Give them a look and maybe they will make your short list.

Good luck!

The-Barron

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
Was looking at the etys but keep reading lots about how deep they have to go in the ear and am not keen on that...

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
I wouldn't buy Vmoda again ever after going through about 6 pair with my first few iphones. At 100 bucks a set, the damn things kept breaking every 6 to 9 months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.