Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jul 12, 2014, 12:32 AM   #1
bwass
macrumors newbie

Question about iPod classic 6th generation

First of all, hello! I've been lurking these forums for about two years now but I've only just registered.

I have a pretty simple question (I think). I have a 6th generation iPod classic (80GB slim) that has a bad hard drive, and I want to replace it.

I read the reviews on this item and it looks like it will work for the 5.5 gen iPods, and it exclusively says it will not work on the 7th generation iPod classic, but i haven't seen any positive or negative feedback about the 6th generation. I am planning on using it with a SSD (obviously) but i haven't seen any 3.3mV SSDs. any suggestions?

I would like to get a 256GB Hard drive, perhaps this one? i can't find the voltage needed by this drive. if i can't find one to use with this adaptor, i will just be buying this hard drive and call it a day

Also, should I replace the battery? the iPod hasn't been turned on in over two years but the last time it was being used the battery was fine. if so, what battery do you suggest?

Last edited by bwass; Jul 12, 2014 at 12:48 AM. Reason: hard drive
bwass is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod