Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Jan 3, 2011, 06:47 PM   #1
ri0ku
macrumors 6502a

Base model now 867

Thanks to the uk vat increase.... Not a massive increase but it sucks. Stores still down but the actual air page states the new price. So this means the MacBook base model will be the same price I guess.

Think I may buy the base air, there's a new financial option with 0% apr which is what u did for my mbp (helped since I'm a student)

Edit: store back online
ri0ku is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 07:08 PM   #2
farmermac
macrumors 6502a

But think of all the great new things your govt can do with more of your money

Just paid $948 usd otd for a base 11"
Old Jan 3, 2011, 07:17 PM   #3
JonLa
macrumors 6502

If you're a UK student don't forget to use one of the many Education stores/discounts (it depends on what kind of student you are - HE is the best discount)

It sucks though. They actually went down around 11, just as I was trying to get my order in for an Air before midnight. Now I'm wondering if its a sign to hold off...
JonLa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 08:33 PM   #4
ri0ku
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmermac View Post
But think of all the great new things your govt can do with more of your money

Just paid $948 usd otd for a base 11"
Yeah like buying 3rd homes and cleaning out their giant gardens and claiming expenses on mars bars (that actually happend btw as insanely sarcastic as it sounds)
ri0ku is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 08:36 PM   #5
KPOM
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonLa View Post
If you're a UK student don't forget to use one of the many Education stores/discounts (it depends on what kind of student you are - HE is the best discount)

It sucks though. They actually went down around 11, just as I was trying to get my order in for an Air before midnight. Now I'm wondering if its a sign to hold off...
Expect more people flying to the US or Hong Kong and "smuggling" electronics back to the UK.

Does the price increase solely represent the increase in VAT, or did Apple also use it as an opportunity to "adjust" the base cost?
KPOM is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air