Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jan 4, 2011, 09:25 AM   #1
md63
macrumors 6502

What are your top case choices for iPad?

After using my iPad for 7 months I have come to the conclusion that for me more than one case is necessary depending on what I'm doing. I started out with the Apple case since it was the only slim case available at the time. Latter I got the Belkin Grip Vue with an Incase sleeve and a stand. I have tried a few other cases but returned them since they were either too thick or covered the bezel which is something I don't like. Below are my choices for the best cases I have tried. Between these case and various stands, antiglare screen protectors, and back proection films, I have spent about 50% of a base iPad on accessories.

Zaggmate Case - I know the iPad is a tablet but I still prefer to type on a real keyboard. The integrated functions keys are very nice. Its expensive and should have better scratch protection on the bottom but it works very well with the iPad.

Yoobao Slim Magic - I love this case when I am traveling and don't have the need to do a lot of data input. Also works very well around the office. If I have to choose one case this would be it.

Belkin Grip Vue - This has been getting a lot less use recently but it is great for around the house when maximum protection is not necessary. When my kids are using the iPad I like using this one since its grippy and doesn't have any complicated flaps or covers.
md63 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2011, 10:46 AM   #2
map1978
macrumors 68020

Yoobao Slim

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1064818

Only case I've used and haven't taken the iPad out since I put it in the case

Hoping the iPad 2 keeps the same design just so I can use this case again
map1978 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2011, 10:52 AM   #3
ugahairydawgs
macrumors 68020

I ended up going with the Apple case. Wipe it down with an Armor All wipe before you put your iPad in there, let it dry, and the finger print/dust issue goes away.
ugahairydawgs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2011, 11:30 AM   #4
jcb19
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugahairydawgs View Post
I ended up going with the Apple case. Wipe it down with an Armor All wipe before you put your iPad in there, let it dry, and the finger print/dust issue goes away.
There are so many cases out there that I like, but every time I think I've chosen one, they've come out with a new one. So, I too, ended up with the Apple case; despite many negative reviews on it. I've read about the Armor All trick (didn't do it yet) so if/when becomes an issue I'll use it. The case came with a nice little cloth to clean the iPad with. As a bonus, I only actually spent $17 of my own money; used a gift card. I'm considering a Colsen Keane leather case, but not sure the iPad will fit inside it while in the Apple case. . .
jcb19 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2011, 10:24 PM   #5
Resist
macrumors 68030

ZooGue Version 2 case is really working for me right now. It's not perfect, but it works great for using my iPad as a TV with the Sling app.
Resist is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2011, 07:38 AM   #6
Seamaster
macrumors 6502a

For typing, and for adding least bulk: Apple.

For viewing/browsing: Yoobao Magic.

For sex-appeal: Portenzo.
Seamaster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2011, 06:49 PM   #7
PhaserFuzz
macrumors 6502

Apple case
PhaserFuzz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2011, 12:56 AM   #8
elhungarian
macrumors regular

Hands down mar ware ecoview. The suede makes it feel like a very high end case. Holds iPad in all positions I want. Very professional looking. My favorite...fwiw
Old Jan 8, 2011, 12:59 AM   #9
Moyank24
macrumors 68040

Apple Case. The typing and viewing positions are perfect and it is super thin.
Moyank24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories