Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Jan 5, 2011, 12:13 PM   #1
FroColin
macrumors regular

Importing m4a (AAC codec) into FCP

So I have a bunch of music that I made that I exported to iTunes a while back from garage band. I wanted to bring this old song into FCP but when I drag it in I get "Error: Unknown file" this seems to happen all the time with me. FCP will take most video but it HATES audio (Yes I know it doesn't have feelings) Now I may be able to go find this garageband file and export it as something else and pray that FCP takes pity on me and opens it but I would rather fix the problem now because this happens all the time. Is this something that only I am experiencing? Is there a plug in that could fix this? I would pay vast amounts of money to fix this cause it's annoying. Oh btw it's the AAC codec 181 bit rate and it's an MPEG-4 file. It really makes no sense to me why this won't open. I'm sorry if I'm doing something stupid here.
So much software. So much
FroColin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2011, 12:56 PM   #2
LethalWolfe
macrumors Demi-God

Make all your audio a 48k, 16-bit AIFF or WAV file.

Lethal
Old Jan 21, 2011, 08:48 AM   #3
zblaxberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalWolfe View Post
Make all your audio a 48k, 16-bit AIFF or WAV file.

Lethal
Absolutely right, you cannot bring in the m4a format in this program, you need these compatible formats listed above
zblaxberg is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video