Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Hacks

Old Jan 5, 2011, 01:13 PM   #1
bumdum
macrumors newbie

HELP: What's the latest firmware for ipod touch 8gb 2g/3g to jailbreak?

I jailbroke my itouch a little bit ago with redsn0w and my current firmware is 3.1. I have the itouch 8gb that was released previously to the 4g model. So that's like what ... 3g/2g?

With redsn0w, it currently is a tethered jailbreak. So I would need pc to boot my itouch.

Is there any latest firmware that I can update to and still jailbreak. Also, preferably make it untethered? Thanks
bumdum is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2011, 06:46 AM   #2
applemike
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumdum View Post
I jailbroke my itouch a little bit ago with redsn0w and my current firmware is 3.1. I have the itouch 8gb that was released previously to the 4g model. So that's like what ... 3g/2g?

With redsn0w, it currently is a tethered jailbreak. So I would need pc to boot my itouch.

Is there any latest firmware that I can update to and still jailbreak. Also, preferably make it untethered? Thanks
You will have the 3G model then, what you want to do is upgrade to 4.1 then jailbreak that using "limera1n or greenpois0n" there are many instructional websites, or just ask back here for help.

But 4.1 is your best option
And love is not enough
applemike is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2011, 04:04 PM   #3
lanulos
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by applemike View Post
You will have the 3G model then, what you want to do is upgrade to 4.1 then jailbreak that using "limera1n or greenpois0n" there are many instructional websites, or just ask back here for help.

But 4.1 is your best option
But of course, to upgrade to 4.1, you would need to have your SHSH blobs saved... Only 4.2.1 would not require blobs, and no general untethered jailbreak for it is out yet...

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Hacks