Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bumdum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
I jailbroke my itouch a little bit ago with redsn0w and my current firmware is 3.1. I have the itouch 8gb that was released previously to the 4g model. So that's like what ... 3g/2g?

With redsn0w, it currently is a tethered jailbreak. So I would need pc to boot my itouch.

Is there any latest firmware that I can update to and still jailbreak. Also, preferably make it untethered? Thanks

applemike

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
I jailbroke my itouch a little bit ago with redsn0w and my current firmware is 3.1. I have the itouch 8gb that was released previously to the 4g model. So that's like what ... 3g/2g?

With redsn0w, it currently is a tethered jailbreak. So I would need pc to boot my itouch.

Is there any latest firmware that I can update to and still jailbreak. Also, preferably make it untethered? Thanks

You will have the 3G model then, what you want to do is upgrade to 4.1 then jailbreak that using "limera1n or greenpois0n" there are many instructional websites, or just ask back here for help.

But 4.1 is your best option

lanulos

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2010
You will have the 3G model then, what you want to do is upgrade to 4.1 then jailbreak that using "limera1n or greenpois0n" there are many instructional websites, or just ask back here for help.

But 4.1 is your best option

But of course, to upgrade to 4.1, you would need to have your SHSH blobs saved... Only 4.2.1 would not require blobs, and no general untethered jailbreak for it is out yet...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.