Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Jan 5, 2011, 01:43 PM   #1
karansaraf
macrumors regular

How to change iTunes store from UK to US?

I'm in the UK and have a UK iTunes account and an iPhone 4.

There are two reasons I wish to be able to download from the US iTunes store:

1. My cousin gave me a $50 itunes gift card and I can only use it through the US store
2. A medical book publisher is offering several ebooks for free for iBooks, but it only works in the US store.

Is there a way I can do this?
karansaraf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2011, 04:13 PM   #2
psonice
macrumors 6502a

Open the itunes store, scroll right to the bottom, and look for the UK flag. Click on that, and you can choose any store in the world.

I don't know how purchasing from it will work for you though, not tried that. Good luck.
psonice is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2011, 07:26 AM   #3
davwin
macrumors regular

Follow psonice's instructions and create a new U.S. account or use the redeem code link and create a new U.S. account through there. You can use your giftcard as payment type but you will need a U.S. address to register the account to. Just use google maps to find a U.S. address in Texas or some state that does not have state tax and you'll be all set.

Once you have both your original UK account and the new US account you can flip between them whenever you want by clicking on your account sign-in in the upper-right of the iTunes window. When the login prompt comes up, simply enter the details for the account you want to download from and it will prompt you to switch to that store while signing in.

Easy way to get free content/better pricing/etc from any iTunes region you want.
Old May 13, 2013, 12:09 AM   #4
Henry Adeyemo
macrumors newbie

How do I switch to US store account
Henry Adeyemo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps