Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amiganut

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2009
Florida
It is now official. I am a Mac orphan. My Mac's are G4's. No Snow Leopard, no Mac App Store. That leaves my iPod Touch. Not buying Apps because App Store is a pain in the @#$ to browse thru. You always get sent back to page 1, not the page you were on. How stupid is that? I know, I'm just a cranky old man that has two Mac's that still work fine and can not afford new ones to keep up. Just one more gripe from this old man. No iPhone for SPRINT! Thanks Steve. I know. It's all about the money and control.

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
despite having a intel iMac core duo , i somehow love my eMac's more , but it is with everything Apple is a company and wants to make profits , so by supporting older hardware they would not make profits , as a G4 is for basic computing all you will ever need ,and even good enough for photoshop or final cut , god if i only want to surf around my iMac G3 running tiger is more then enough
i installed tenfourfox and can even watch youtube at 240p without any hickups and yes 240p is perfectly watchable ,no need for watching youtube at 1080p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.