|Jan 7, 2011, 12:11 PM||#1|
Timemachine file recovery from a SL server file share
I have set up a mac mini SL server with file sharing.
Let me explain the setup:
- The mini has one account on the machine - the system admin.
- There are various network users that access the file share via groups.
- The system admin is in none of the groups.
- The SL mini disks and file share disks are backed up by a timecapsule
Now if someone accidently deletes a file on the fileshare, how does one recover them ?
The sticking point is that :
- the network users do not have access to the server, nor an account to log onto the machine physically.
- the system administrator, who can log onto the SL server, can start the timemachine restore but he cannot navigate to the appropriate folder to do the restore (because he is not int eh file share groups)
So, I tried to grant the system administrator access to the file share groups. However, here the server preferences says that the short name is not unique...
I twitter as icotcot (actually I got bored and stopped twittering)
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Mac Mini server with external RAID storage - a good file server solution?||teme||Digital Video||1||Mar 5, 2014 10:34 AM|
|file recovery HELP please||andytaff||iMac||2||Jan 9, 2014 05:45 AM|
|File Recovery Help||macbanda||iOS 6||4||Jan 12, 2013 03:22 PM|
|Mac mini 2011 vs Xserve 2006 for file server / web server / bt box||Amethyst||Mac mini||9||Aug 30, 2012 02:05 PM|
|Resolved: Does anyone have a home server for file sharing? Quick file sharing ?||kettlecorn||MacBook Pro||0||Jul 10, 2012 10:43 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 PM.