|Jan 7, 2011, 01:11 PM||#1|
Timemachine file recovery from a SL server file share
I have set up a mac mini SL server with file sharing.
Let me explain the setup:
- The mini has one account on the machine - the system admin.
- There are various network users that access the file share via groups.
- The system admin is in none of the groups.
- The SL mini disks and file share disks are backed up by a timecapsule
Now if someone accidently deletes a file on the fileshare, how does one recover them ?
The sticking point is that :
- the network users do not have access to the server, nor an account to log onto the machine physically.
- the system administrator, who can log onto the SL server, can start the timemachine restore but he cannot navigate to the appropriate folder to do the restore (because he is not int eh file share groups)
So, I tried to grant the system administrator access to the file share groups. However, here the server preferences says that the short name is not unique...
I twitter as icotcot (actually I got bored and stopped twittering)
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|File Sharing in a Mixed Environment||iceman575||Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking||2||Oct 4, 2011 10:44 AM|
|Mac Mini SL Server Folder Sharing||popovich||Mac mini||0||Aug 31, 2011 01:52 PM|
|Using campus WIFI to access dorm computer from anywhere?||G5Unit||Mac Basics and Help||3||Mar 6, 2011 04:25 PM|
|sharing files with the guest account||iamrawr||Mac Basics and Help||1||Feb 5, 2011 06:13 PM|
|File Sharing FROM PS3 TO Macbook Pro||beatledud||Apple TV and Home Theater||0||Nov 29, 2010 12:43 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 PM.