Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alpacasrme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2010
Hi All,
I've spent two days on this. In this case, I purchased Star Walk for Ipad and my connection was too slow for a download. I got a message saying download it to your computer and transfer to ipad.

Is there a wifi way to get an app on the ipad desktop. I can transfer the file through Avatron Air Sharing or Readdle Docs. After that I am stuck.

Do I have to use iTunes?

Thanks so much. Happy New Years.

alpacasrme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2010
Clarification please?

Hi.
Thanks for your answer. To clarify, do you mean that the ipad must be physically connected to my computer, or is there a wifi solution?
Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.
Love your Bulldog. I have 2 Great Pyrs, an Anatolian
Shepherd. a PBGV and a Wheaten-Husky/Wolf Cross.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Hi.
Thanks for your answer. To clarify, do you mean that the ipad must be physically connected to my computer, or is there a wifi solution?
Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.
Love your Bulldog. I have 2 Great Pyrs, an Anatolian
Shepherd. a PBGV and a Wheaten-Husky/Wolf Cross.

The only way to transfer the application is to sync with iTunes using a USB cable. There is no WiFi solution.

The only way to transfer the application is to sync with iTunes using a USB cable. There is no WiFi solution.

Not entirely true. There is a wireless sync solution provided via jailbreak. However, I would not recommend this at all to transfer large amounts of data.

And besides, you'll need to connect your iPad to the computer to jb anyways so you might as well just do it through iTunes.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
If possible, I'd try to find a stronger/faster wifi connection and try redownloading from the app store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.