Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gfcaetano

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2011
Hello!
Since this is my first message here I think it would be good to introduce myself.
My name is Gustavo, I'm 31 years old, from Brazil and I have a MacBook2,1 (white / 2006).

I'm having this issue with the keyboard of this MacBook. When I press one of the following keys q, w, e, r, t, y, u, i, o, a, s, d, f, g, h, j, k or l this is what is actually typed:
q = aq
w = sw
e = de
r = fr
t = gt
y = hy
u = ju
i = ik
o = lo
a = aq
s = sw
d = de
f = fr
g = gt
h = hy
j = ju
k = ik
l = lo

A month ago I had this problem, then suddenly, after two or three days, it was OK (I kept it off while it wasn't working fine). Now it has started again.

Do you know what could be causing this? How could I solve it?

Thanks!

[ ]s!

Last edited:

gfcaetano

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2011
"Auto" solved again

Hello.
I'm returning here just to say it's working fine again!
And again I just turned it off last friday and turned it on now (sunday) and its working as it should: no double keys like qa, ws, ed, rf, tg...

I'm afraid it will have this issue again in some time... Am I the only one that have experienced this issue?

Thank you, guys!

[ ]s!

Update: it's wrong again! 1 hour after sending this message the keyboard went "crazy" again!

Last edited:

ALT3R3G0

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2010
How did you fixed it?

Hi Tavo, I'm having the exact same problem! How did you fix your keyboard?

Did you figure out what causes the problem?

I have a White Macbook Early 2008 4,1 and the following letters are acting up:

Type: Get:
1 12
2 12
q qw
w qw
a as
s as
z zx
x zx

All other keys seemed to work fine, I'll appreciate any advice!

Obrigado!

gfcaetano

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2011
Hello, ALT3R3G0.

Unfortunately the issue happened again and lasted for months until I buy a new topcase and replace the issued one. This is the only way I got to solve this.

I hope you find any cheaper way to solve this.

Um abraço!

Gustavo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.